Forums Latest Members
  1. avantnoire Jan 12, 2014

a3843choc.jpg
    Interesting to see the progression from left to right..3 watches from three different parts of the world..
    Cheers,
    D

Pearcey74, Giff2577, LawBrk and 20 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Jan 12, 2014

Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and caramel.

citizenrich and avantnoire like this.
  3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 12, 2014

Just as remarkably, three sharp A384 cases.

Are they all yours? A most interesting direction your obsession is taking. Makes for very good photos. :thumbsup:

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 12, 2014

I'm waiting for the sequel from Gavin, Fifty Shades of Tropical

5. avantnoire Jan 12, 2014

Lou,
    outer two are, middle is Jamey's, just here visiting..and thanks for the thumbs up!

6. Mick Tock Jul 16, 2014

[​IMG]

Hi David and all,

Do we know for sure that these browner variants in fact are tropicals of the A 384 with black sub dials and rehaut? Mr. Rössler is not and – looking at my light milk chocolate version – I'm not so convinced.

Does anyone have original papers accompanying his watch? These could tell the correct reference.

BTW, how many angles does your polygonal back have?

Cheers,

Mick

jens0125 and Dogmann like this.
  7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 16, 2014

That's awesome! A lot of Rolex guys "cheat" by boiling their watches or dose the dials with copious amounts of UV light to get their subies and sd dials to go all tropical ...

this looks au natural.

8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 16, 2014

Well all I can say is that I have yet to have any success changing the colour on speedmaster dials.

Heavy does of UV have so far not affected any. I mean heavy.

Long wave UV, and the more dangerous to humans short wave.

But I too remain sceptical of the nature of some.

9. Jamey S Jul 16, 2014

I have seen perhaps five of these in the last year and they all appear to have a character of their own. that said, they can at times resemble twins until you look at the dials themselves. White vs cream in this case. far from the expert
    but I would bet that these are true tropical 384s as they are all a little different. Personal favorites
    Jamey S
    image.jpg image.jpg . image.jpg image.jpg

Hijak, cristos71, jsaen and 2 others like this.
  10. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 16, 2014

You've just seen a beautiful photograph illustrating the continuity of color change and you are not convinced? How many references do you think there are?

As for Roessler - he did a great job for the time, but the list of errors is not inconsiderable.

11. Mick Tock Jul 16, 2014

Hi Jamey,

Thanks for your thoughts and the great images. The base color of my watch seems to be more cream than bright white.

Mick

12. Mick Tock Jul 16, 2014

Hello Lou,

I beg to differ. IMHO, your argument of "continuity of color change" does not hold. The range of colors could also run between two antipodes, the black A 384 and a light brown version.

Two would be enough. :)

Please note that I only asked for a proof of this "tropical" thesis. I was surprised by the totally even brown areas of my dial. The chronograph counter sub dials do not show the slightest shadow:

[​IMG]

Following the "tropical by impact of light" theory there should be darker areas under the needles, which are at the reset position most of the time, if not almost always. For comparison please see the initially white sub dials of my extremely discolored Breitling Navitimer GMT:

[​IMG]

Is Mr. Rössler aware of the community's findings? I'm sure that he does not follow this forum. Maybe he should get an up-to-date "list of errors" from you before his next book/catalogue.

Cheers,

Mick

Giff2577 and ELV web like this.
  13. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 16, 2014

I don't even know if Roessler is still in the game. I only hope that he or someone like him produces another Zenith volume - so much has happened in the last 5 years. There have been rumors, but all we've gotten so far is a new dust jacket.

174a93db-1105-49bd-8728-72d8ce8fc375_zpsf4a69da4.jpg

14. browncow Jul 17, 2014

Mine has a tropical tan that's uneven....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Giff2577, x3no, ELV web and 2 others like this.
  15. Mick Tock Jul 18, 2014

Yes, Mr. Rössler is preparing a new book. However, this will not be an update of his Zenith bible. This will be a catalogue, not a coffee table book. This catalogue should provide a solid base for further research and discussions, as Zenith is not very helpful.

Lou, I will connect you by email in order to get the community's findings ("list of errors") into Mr. Rössler's new publication.

Cheers,

Mick

16. m neuman What, me worry? Jul 19, 2014

I am told on good information that Zenith is producing a book for their upcoming anniversary. Whether Rossler is involved I did not ask.

Great array of brownies. My guess it is a natural ocurence although most brownies in other brands do not turn light caramel like these!

17. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 4, 2016

18. mahamithra Apr 5, 2016

Only the best from Luos to make me laugh.
    By the way Rossler is still active

19. speedy57 Apr 6, 2016

Real or not, they are beautiful !!!!!!!