Forums Latest Members

SOLD Zodiac Sea-Chron (Valjoux 72, Serviced, B&P)

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 10, 2017

The consolidation continues, and unfortunately getting lean and mean in 2017 will require letting go of my Zodiac Sea-Chron. These pack a ton of value in a vintage world gone crazy, and this piece includes a recent service and full box, papers, and hangtag.

Case / Bezel: Case still shows original chamfers and is in good overall condition. The bottom right lug has a ding (shown in the picture below) and a couple scratches. All other lugs are in great shape. Silver bezel is in good condition, but the lume pip is missing.

Dial / Handset: Dial and hands are in great shape and exhibit perfectly matching shades of lume. All lume plots on the dial are present and in perfect shape. The lume in the hour hand has a couple hairline cracks, but when it was serviced recently, I decided to leave them in original condition rather than sealing them from behind. Up to the next owner to address that if they want.

Movement / Caseback: Caseback is devoid of any major scratches. Valjoux 72 movement is immaculate and was serviced about nine months ago by my local watchmaker. Three months warranty remaining should there be any serious issues, but otherwise sold as-is.

Bracelet / Strap: Preference is to sell head-only, but if a strap is necessary, we can negotiate that piece.

My price is $3,250 net to me with payment via PayPal (sent "Friends & Family," add 3% if that option is not used) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. I can be reached via PM or at [email protected].
    image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG IMG_1454.jpg IMG_1456.jpg IMG_1460.jpg IMG_1467.jpg

Edited Jul 31, 2017
    asya1, Tet, Bienne2998 and 22 others like this.
  2. R3D9 Jul 10, 2017

Oh, wow. That is one heck of a watch for the money.

wkimmd and bazamu like this.
  3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 17, 2017

Bump

4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 24, 2017

Monday bump, price drop to $3,400

5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 31, 2017

Alright, have another purchase coming down the pike, so the desire to move this along is stronger now. Price drop to $3,250 for a fully-serviced, B&P, rare Valjoux 72 chrono...

wkimmd and GuiltyBoomerang like this.
  6. Dre Jul 31, 2017

How is this not sold yet? :eek:

bazamu and GuiltyBoomerang like this.
  7. GuiltyBoomerang Jul 31, 2017

The chrono collectors are either sleeping or at work...while those below that collecting level breathe out an unbelievably long sigh...

bazamu likes this.
  8. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 31, 2017

OHPF - thanks OF

wkimmd likes this.
  9. The Master of Speed Aug 8, 2017

nooo i saw it too late

kov likes this.