Forums Latest Members

SOLD Zodiac "Poor Man's Heuer" Panda Chrono (Serviced)

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 9, 2018

The great winter clean-out of 2018 continues...I bought this as a project (a trend if you've followed my recent sales) about a year ago. It wasn't running and was missing the bottom pusher. After a lengthy stay with my watchmaker, I got it back about three months ago, but simply have too many watches and found that it wasn't getting wrist time. This is a panda chrono that's meant to be worn, and at only ~10% of the cost of an equivalent panda tachy Heuer Carrera, it's easy to do so.

Onto the description:

Case / Pushers: 36mm case is very sharp, with no corrosion or damage. Lug width is 19mm. Looks to be unpolished. Unsigned crown is kosher for these watches. Top pusher is original, but the bottom pusher was replaced by my watchmaker and varies slightly in size. Most importantly, however, they both do their job. Caseback has little wear.

Dial / Hands: Dial is in good shape with no surface scratches or discoloration. Lume has disappeared from a handful of the hour markers but is still present on some of the plots. Minute hand has lost its original lume (shown clearly in second-to-last picture). The hour hand still has original lume, with slight discoloration at the base. Chrono sweep hand is original.

Movement:
    The watch is powered by a Valjoux 7733 movement that was recently cleaned/oiled/adjusted by my watchmaker. Timekeeping has been excellent in its limited wear and the chronograph starts, stops, and resets perfectly. I wasn't able to get the caseback off with my tension ball for the purposes of taking pictures, but I allow returns within a week if anything is materially misrepresented.

Accessories:
    I'm selling this chrono head-only. If necessary or desired, I can provide a couple 18mm NATO straps.

My price is $1,850. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) preferred. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions via PM here, to [email protected] or through Instagram to @bazamu. More pictures can be made available by request.
    IMG_9843.jpg IMG_9833.jpg IMG_9836.jpg IMG_9837.jpg IMG_9838.jpg IMG_9840.jpg IMG_9846.jpg IMG_9848.jpg IMG_9853.jpg IMG_9854.jpg

davten, bloomy, trackpad and 13 others like this.
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 9, 2018

OHPF

Kmart and sdre like this.