Forums Latest Members

Zippo Lighters.....anyone?

1. U5512 Jan 7, 2017

No need to be a smoker to collect these super cool Zippo lighters: NASA Space Program. Omega and its Speedmaster watch played a very important role in each of the space program.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AveConscientia Jan 7, 2017

I have a ww1 Camel lighter

3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jan 7, 2017

somewhere in all the family junk is a Zippo with a nice enamel UN crest on it. Still new in the box, my Uncle sent it home as a gift for my Dad. He served in the Congo around 1961 as part of the UN peace keeping force. Its never been used because my Dad stopped smoking cigarettes before the gift arrived home. There was a bunch of wood and ivory carvings as well as a leather purse my Mom carried for years.

I still have a UN wallet from that package of stuff and remember playing solders as a kid in his service hat.

4. Tubber Jan 7, 2017

I used to smoke a fair bit, I had various Zippos. After a while the lid hinges would fail and the lid would fall off. I repaired them myself but I had a really nice Brass one that I liked. Zippos apparently have a lifetime guarantee. I often wondered if they would repair them for nowt I sent a few emails and never got an answer. In the end I just mailed it to the Zippo agent in Singapore. I forgot about it. 4 or 5 months later a package arrived from Pennsylvania, inside a shiny looking repaired zippo. The case had been repaired and the insert had been renewed. Can't get any better than that for after sales service, I was quite impressed. All for no cost.