Forums Latest Members

Zenith to Offer Archive Extracts and Certificates of Authenticity

1. Jeff Stein Feb 10, 2014

I have received an e-mail, from Zenith, announcing that Zenith will be offering Extracts from the Archives (showing date of manufacture, and other information) and Certificates of Authenticity for vintage Zenith watches. I have not seen this discussed on this forum and wonder whether this is old news / no news / etc.?

Jeff

2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 10, 2014

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 10, 2014

Good that they notified the Heuer forum :rolleyes:

4. Jeff Stein Feb 10, 2014

I am on a list to receive certain Press Releases, press packages, and other similar types of information from Zenith. I can forward today's message to you, so see what you might make of it.

Jeff

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 10, 2014

Oh I was just fussing. MMMD is our Archive tester - he's sent them a challenge, and we are all waiting to see the response.

6. Jeff Stein Feb 10, 2014

Seems like a big development for the community of vintage Zenith collectors. Assuming that Zenith must have some substantial records, if they are undertaking to provide date of manufacture and other details. The records of / extracts from some other brands are very impressive. Unfortunately, there are no records of Heuer production, so we are "reverse engineering" them, which is just about impossible.

7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 10, 2014

It all depends on how accurate it is. Member mappleluna drew my attention to a thread on another forum in which Universal validated one of the fake Space Compaxes we have been discussing on the UG forum as authentic, when any reasonably experienced watch collector can see it is a screaming fabrication.

Archive extracts could be huge if Zenith executes thoroughly and with due diligence. I'd think they have the potential to do so, as they have been in the same physical plant since the beginning of their history. I can only imagine the historical resources available (presuming they weren't destroyed in the American Zenith years). The collector community has certainly been wanting more engagement with the manufacture for many years

8. abcoro Feb 11, 2014

Well well...I'm very much looking forward to this extra "service" from Zenith and can only wish they do it as best as possible. If only Heuer was able to do that as well...

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 11, 2014

Just curious, beside Omega, Patek and JLC, which watch manufacture could provide Extract archive and/or certificate of authenticity?
    Does Rolex have this service,too? How about Breitling, AP, VC etc?

10. haga888 Feb 11, 2014

IWC does.

Privateday7 likes this.
  11. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 11, 2014

On the other hand, Heuer has Jack Heuer. How nice would it have been to have Mr. Vermot around to see interest in his beloved Primero really take off?

Come to think of it, though, he probably would have died in convulsions, frothing at the mouth, during the Nataf years. Probably just as well that he rest in peace....

12. haga888 Feb 11, 2014