Forums Latest Members

Zenith Sporto Fake or Real

1. Paulomega Jun 12, 2017

Hello OF Members:

A few months ago I bought this watch from fleabay. I do not know anything about this watch but the dial just intrigued me and I was just in love with the watch. I made an offer and I ended up buying it. The manual wind watch runs fine and seems to keep reasonably accurate time for its age. It varied about 42 seconds a day (too slow). I still like this watch very much. Today I wanted my watchrepairman to take a look at it for its condition and he said that the watch needs servicing and after he gets time to take a closer look he will quote a price for the job.

I still like to know more about the watch, I have looked and searched for images of various Zenith Sporto, but I could not see one that is exactly like it and that is creating doubts in my mind. Nevertheless I will deeply appreciate if you guys will take a look at the pictures and let me know you comments and advice. Thank you very much for your time.

20170612_155905.jpg 20170612_155757.jpg 20170612_155815.jpg 20170612_155826.jpg

2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jun 12, 2017

Redial...just enjoy it, I wouldn't put a penny into it.

LouS and GuiltyBoomerang like this.
  3. Paulomega Jun 13, 2017

Thank you so much for the response. I suspected that by looking at some numbers on the dial such as the "0" in 10 and the uneven width of the line for the inner circle. How old is this watch and what caliber is the movement? Have you seen this dial before?

How are these watches in general, I have seen other Zenith Sporto for sale in OF, which has some really pretty design. Are they worth having? I am not looking for collections for investment but I like having authentic vintage watches to wear. Any other advice on Zenith Sporto?

Again thank you very much for your time and input.