Forums Latest Members

Zenith Sporto 28800 Movement Mismatch (2562)

1. Mr.Cairo Feb 14, 2018

Well that's nice...

A couple of days ago I stumbled upon this Sporto locally. It was being sold for little.

WP_20180212_15_22_57_Pro.jpg

Didn't have anything to open the caseback with at the moment, and the place was a bit of a chaos, but after I listened to it tick I concluded it must be a calibre 2562 as the caseback indicates (ends with 125), and anyway the rest of the watch (dial, case, crown) looked good with what I remembered seeing online. Bought it on the spot.

Today I finally managed to open up the caseback and lo and behold, it is a 2562 alright... - C!

WP_20180214_14_38_14_Pro.jpg

What gives? I'm guessing probably movement replaced during a service at some point, right? I can't believe Zenith would be so sloppy to put a date movement (2562C) in a non-date watch?

Now I'm a little bummed as I fell in love with the piece the moment I saw it, and even though technically the movement "fits" and is of the same family, and does its job perfectly, I'm not sure what to think about it yet. Maybe I'm just being silly; these are the risks of such finds I guess. Of course now I'm searching the interwebs for a regular 2562 to pop in there...

Just wanted to vent a little frustration, but feel free to offer any thoughts.

GeraldLui and ELV web like this.
  2. Mr.Cairo Feb 14, 2018

If it were you, and you intended the watch to be a keeper, would you leave it as it is (since it works fine) or hunt down a regular 2562 and swap movements?