Forums Latest Members

Zenith Officers Trench Inquiry

1. oldskool Dec 29, 2016

Hey everyone! As a huge fan of vintage watches, I am always surfing to find some really good ones from the 1910 era. Mostly pilot and officers watches.

I recently stumbled on this Zenith Officers Trench on eBay and was looking into purchasing, but seems suspiciously cheap for the condition and era. Wanted to get opinions from you all on the movement and finishing of the dial, as I have no book to look it up.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 29, 2016

Looks OK to me, but I am always leery of watches out of that part of the world, as so many are frankens or fantasies.

I don't see any hairlines on the dial, but be sure to ask as they sometimes don't show in photos.

The price isn't cheap for one of these IMO.

3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Dec 29, 2016

looks like a nasty conversion to me, chewed poor looking tube out to a new crown

and is that a seam along the tube? ick! This would need to be dirt cheap... naw, then again. it should be cheaper than dirt!

4. oldskool Dec 29, 2016

Thanks so much for the insight, gentlemen! I am so thrilled to have some knowledgable people to go to about purchasing watches. The guy was asking $600 for this, but the price sounded too good to be true. Much appreciated.