Forums Latest Members

Zenith Espada Chronograph/Movado Astronic HS 360

1. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Jun 18, 2022

I’m in the process of servicing this fine model. The glass crystal is well scratched up and the crystal gasket disintegrated to a point beyond recognition. I have yet to be able to find a crystal replacement and will see if I can have it polished.. if anyone knows were I can find a crystal replacement let me know. Assuming I can polish or replace it, the rate limiting factor appears to be sourcing the crystal gasket(s). Does anyone know where to source one or at least how it should look like/dimensions so that hopefully I can find something similar aftermarket? Thanks in advance.

(Photo from internet)

C092DA84-6F59-4FF2-91A3-2051A59C9938.jpeg
  2. Zanzibar Jun 18, 2022

Ummm... maybe try Zenith ?

3. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Jun 19, 2022

Anyone?

4. Medinatalzahra Jun 20, 2022

Rasputin-

Good questions. I had to dig into the same issues to replace the crystal on an all original, single owner Zenith A783 - which has the same Tonneau case and crystal as your Movado Astronic. First, there is no easy solution, as you cannot polish a Mineral Crystal (at least not well). So, you need to get a replacement. The trickier issue for me was identifying and finding the correct gasket - as these Mineral Crystals need the gasket. I was able to source a correct one with the gasket after some digging (and a few purchase mistakes) on Ebay or C24. I will try to locate who J purchased it from, and I will send you their contact info. Bottom line is that you can find one, but you will need to be patient. Best! M

Rasputin likes this.
  5. Walrus Jun 20, 2022

@Rasputin you pop up with some great stuff.

Rasputin likes this.
  6. Fatcat Jun 20, 2022

I would kill for that Movado :)))))

bassem abadan likes this.