Forums Latest Members

SOLD Zenith EP 143-6 Black pilot "Yugoslav Air Force" with patina.

1. Faz Mar 13, 2017

Hello all,

Up for sale is this quite stunning Zenith EP 143-6 Black pilot "Yugoslav Air Force"chronograph. This chronograph was allegedly issued to the Yugoslav Air Force in the 1950's. The patina on the dial is very pleasing and shows all the vintage character of this chronograph. The radium markers are intact and have darkened.
    IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG

Although the service history is unknown, the Exelsior Park caliber keeps excellent time and all chrono functions are crisp and work as intended. As you will see from the pictures, the case might never have seen a polishing wheel.
    IMG_0496.JPG

Specs
    Dimensions: Width = 37.5 mm (excluding winding crown) - lug to lug = 43mm
    Lug width: 20mm
    Crystal = Acrylic
    Movement = Excelsior Park 143-6 signed Zenith
    Case and caseback = Stainless steel
    Strap = Slightly used Alpha Italian leather
    Crown and pushers = Original - unsigned
    IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

Price = USD $ 1849.00.00 shipped to Canada and the CONUS - Full refund if misrepresented in any way
    Watch ships from Canada. I will entertain reasonable offers.

Payment by wire preferred - Paypal for friends and family OK if you have impeccable and verifiable references

Important note: Zero post member must provide references with their inquiry. I'm flooded by scammers with zero posts wanting to make deals.

My numerous and impeccable references are available on request
    Contact me by private message please

Edited Mar 14, 2017
    Kreindog24, Sculler22, Kmart and 12 others like this.
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 13, 2017

Unsollicited plug, I've seen and held this chronograph several times as it belonged to a military collector pal.
    I love the patina on the dial which is like a shimmer suffused throughout and I would have liked to buy it if the timing were better.
    GLWS and dibs to the next owner !

Faz likes this.
  3. cvrle1 Mar 13, 2017

I can confirm that this was one of the watches that was used by JNA pilots. Interestingly enough, none of them have any army markings, as they were all considered a gift, and army wasnt keeping any sort of track of them. They had no reason to.

Jwit and Faz like this.
  4. Northernman Lemaniac Mar 13, 2017

Lovely Zenith EP. Patina is one of the coolest I have seen in quite a while.
    GLWS!

Faz likes this.
  5. Faz Mar 13, 2017

Thanks so much for this pertinent tidbit of info. Very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Bluemartinifan likes this.
  6. Faz Mar 14, 2017

Bump

7. Faz Mar 14, 2017

Zenith is on hold!

Kreindog24 likes this.