Forums Latest Members
  1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 16, 2013

What's the story on these movements? Are they ETA derivatives or built from the ground up by the manufacture?

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 16, 2013

Totally in house, launched in 1994 exactly because Zenith wanted to stop having to use ETA movements in its three handed watches. It won some awards at its debut, I believe. Its a very good piece of work, but remains relatively unklnown in the shadow of its famous older brother, El Primero. You'll note that in versions without central seconds, the small seconds hand is at the 9 o'clock position. Rumor has it that the Elite was created as a new platform for a whole range of movements, including chronographs, hence that location. In the end, though, Zenith decided El Primero was too valuable a property to mothball.

Kulee-Baba and Rusdaell like this.
  3. John Chris Il Duca de Luca Feb 20, 2013

All true, plus as Roessler points out, the design made the movement very versatile, appearing with central seconds, and sub seconds variously at 3, 6 or 9 o'clock depending on other features such as reserves-de-marche, double time zones and 24 hour dials. Plus, of course, the movement is easily capable of earning chronometer certification and boasts a number of chronometer models In both hand-wound and automatic versions. C'est marveilleuse!

4. TimeVu Mar 24, 2013

I have one of its Elite 670 watch and the movement is so thin and beautiful. Absolutely one of my all time favorite automatic movement. 100% in house!

5. TimeVu Mar 25, 2013

My favorite "thin" watch. Zenith Elite 670 with beautiful textured dial and see thru back. ZenithEliteBack.JPG ZenithElite.JPG

Rusdaell and Privateday7 like this.
  6. ulackfocus Mar 25, 2013

Nice! :thumbsup: Seen these in various color dials, including an almost purple kind of blue.