Forums Latest Members

Zenith El Primero Red Ltd Edition 42mm

1. Dogmann Nov 20, 2014

Hi all,

So I'd been looking to add a new watch to my small collection after a short while ago adding an all original vintage Omega Baby PloProf and was being drawn towards to either a Omega Speedmaster or the new Omega SM 300 but being easily distracted and after seeing someone posting their newly acquired vintage Zenith Rainbow Fly-Back I was taken off in another direction.

I really got hooked on the vintage Zenith De Luca's and whilst actively searching for the right one ended up visiting a Zenith AD and in their window display one watch just caught my attention and drew me in so after trying it on a waiting a couple of days to make sure it was what I really wanted I was back and purchased it a Zenith El Primero Red Ltd Edition 42mm #229/500. There is just something about how it feels on the wrist and the look of the dial that drew me into getting this watch for me its the perfect size not being to big or small or thick. Also it having one of the best if the not the best automatic chronograph movements doesn't hurt either and especially when you can look at this beautifully finished movement through the see through sapphire case back it really is a thing of beauty. So here it is my first Zenith

[​IMG]IMAG0107 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0109 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0114 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

Showing the movement

[​IMG]IMAG0111 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0110 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

Marc

2. SeanO Nov 21, 2014

certainly a sweet alternative to the usual speedy :thumbsup:

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 18, 2015

Very nice, stunning dial. How is your enjoyment progressing now that it has been a couple of months? :)

4. jud Jan 18, 2015

Wow. Very cool.

5. Dogmann Jan 19, 2015

Hi cicindela,

Well besides the fact my back pain continues to get worse despite mine and my Dr's best efforts I'm still loving the Zenith and it brings a smile to my face every time I put it on so at least something does. Since it arrived I have decided to reduce the watches in my collection possibly down to just two this Zenith and my UTS Anthracite dial 1000m Pro Driver just struggling to get up the for sale posts for the others as still not sure if I want to let my all original Baby PloProf go or not but hopefully will list them soon. Also thanks to the other posters for your nice comments.

Marc

6. jrpippen Feb 3, 2015

Love a baby PLO!! Can we see some pictures?

Congrats on the Zenith.

7. iflyem1 Feb 3, 2015

I really like it. You have a nice one there!

8. puddlep1rate Feb 3, 2015

Wow :eek:. That is a stunning color scheme and very refreshing to the usual tri color subdials. Colored numbered dates is a new one for me.

9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 3, 2015

very nice! would love wrist shots to see how it wears.

10. Dogmann Feb 3, 2015

Hi all,

Once again thanks to all for your nice comments on my watch and here are some wrist shots for Sergio and everyone else.

[​IMG]IMAG0114 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0113 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0115 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

Also seeing as this is The Omega Forum and as asked for by jrpippen here are some shots of my Baby PloProf first up on the Omega Mesh

[​IMG]IMAG0091 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0087 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

Also on NOS Omega Blue rubber strap

[​IMG]IMAG0068 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0065 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

Lastly I managed to pick up a period correct box for it to

[​IMG]IMAG0077 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0078 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

I still haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or not or if I'm going to get an extract from the archives to go with it but from doing recent searches for Baby PloProf's I have noticed there are very few available and even less with original dials and bezels in good condition. I had it serviced just after I bought it as I had it pressured tested and it needed a new seal so decided to give it a full service and when it is on my wrist it runs a little under 5 seconds a day fast which I think is pretty amazing for a watch from 1978.

Marc

Longbow likes this.
  11. Ru4scuba Feb 13, 2015

Love the red! Been contemplating adding a Zenith to my collection for some time now. Pieces like these convince me I'm probably going to launch