Forums Latest Members

SOLD Zenith El Primero A783

1. PHPHD Dec 4, 2015

For sale is a Zenith Defy El Primero A783, which was produced in 1500 examples in the 1970s. It holds the 3019PHC movement. It was an impulse buy some time ago. Wore it a couple of times, but my girlfriend really did not like it on me so it hasn't been getting any wrist time at all. :cautious:. Hence it wasn't sent in for a service and has been languishing in my drawer. Thought someone else might like it.

Price: $3,500. Add 3% if done by PayPal.

Also, willing to trade for, with top up from me;

Zenith A Cairelli
    Longines 13ZN (in steel)
    Universal Geneve Tri Compax (steel, waterproof cases or 1960s+)

Otherwise, here are the pictures. Notice that the case is unpolished, and comes with the original bracelet. There's some patina on the dial, especially near the Tachymetre, but otherwise it's beautiful and the lume dots are nicely whole. All hands and crown are original.

Movement: Everything works well, the chronograph resets back to 0, runs, keeps time. Probably needs a service. Crystal has scratches, as does bracelet.

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

image2.JPG

image4.JPG
    INTERESTING NOTE: The original plastic film is still on the case back (the blue film - see pictures).

image1.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

Let me know if you have any questions.

DirtyDozen12 likes this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 4, 2015

Is that just dirt and grime or rust, can't workout why a watch for sale is in the condition it's in. Sorry for being blunt.

3. PHPHD Dec 4, 2015

No offense taken - and thank you for your suggestion. I will give it a nice cleaning and repost new pictures. I gave it a preliminary once over a while back so I know it's just some dirt and not rust, but apologies for that.