Forums Latest Members

Zenith El Primero 1969 Open Chrono - New Arrival

1. SteveHarris Sep 28, 2017

Received this yesterday after taking a punt from a pawnbroker here in the UK. Cracking price and I feared what condition it was going to be in as I couldn't go and view it in person (14 day return policy, so OK with me). Just watch, no B&P.

Only issue I can see is on one of the lugs where it's got a scratch (I can get this polished out at some point, it's not deep) but otherwise in great condition other than the strap (needs a new one). Stuck it on the timegrapher last night and as you can see the movement is in perfect working order (settled down to +7 secs after I took the picture).

Very, very happy but wanted to pick the collectives brain on a few bits. As far as I can see this watch would be very difficult to fake and it's running correctly at 36,000. A fake would I believe be at 28,800 bph. Wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion but the watch seems fine to me from that perspective. Thoughts?

Secondly, I'm terrible for wanting a full set... any tips on getting some papers from Zenith? I note that their Archive is closed until October, so I can't ask for an extract yet. How about box and booklets etc? eBay?

Lastly, what would be a good replacement strap? The official Zenith ones seem a bit punchy!

Not my hand in the first picture I promise!

Thanks in advance.

Steve

IMG-20170927-WA0003.jpg IMG-20170928-WA0001.jpg IMG-20170928-WA0002.jpg
    Edited Sep 28, 2017
    craigbythesea likes this.