Forums Latest Members

Zenith de luca first serie

1. eurobben Mar 11, 2017

hello to everyone I'm new in this forum and wanted to ask for a proper assessment to this my zenith el primero de Luca because I wanted to put it on sale is in excellent original condition and with the dial that is turning to brown thanks to all those who want to give me contribute
    thanks enrico

de.jpg de luca1.jpg deluca4.jpg immagine_quattro_153.jpg
    bassem abadan and ELV web like this.
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 11, 2017

Nice watch.

this is not a model that benefits tremendously from Vintage characteristics like the yellowed lume or brown dial, so that won't add value to yours outside of proving that it is all original. But when you do find one they are typically in pretty good condition. Min was the white version which for some reason ages much better than the black.

Your's looks great and all boxes check. If it had the White, versus the silver sub dials it would hold a little bit more of a premium.

Depending of Service History, Box and papers etc I think you can expect something between 3200 to 4200 US for it. If you present it with better pictures than those you may have a chance to get about 3600 to 4G for THIS piece for what I can judge but as a buyer I would probably try to push you to the lower end of that.

edd26 likes this.
  3. eurobben Mar 11, 2017

thanks sergio but you're Italian? in fact I am a little conflicted sell it but I always feel like an alternative and then I will go in that direction I add more details

de luca3.jpg de-luca7.jpg
    edd26 likes this.
  4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 11, 2017

I'm Spanish, from Madrid.

5. jfwoodman Mar 12, 2017

Should sell easily. These are nice and definitely most desirable DeLucas. Not sure the aged lume on the chrono second hand will be seen as a plus, looks different than the hour minute hand lume.

eurobben likes this.
  6. eurobben Mar 12, 2017

7. aleksejeremeev May 7, 2017

Rate also my watch. I also want to sell . No documents. IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0837.JPG IMG_0831.JPG IMG_0834.JPG IMG_0834.JPG

8. Mlafra May 8, 2017

Zenith De Luca's are great watches and still massively undervalued IMHO. That being said though it all depends on conditions, if they have Box and Papers or not and which series they are.
    The first posted in the OP is a first series, which is BY FAR the most desirable and soft after, especially with the black dial (that even though slightly less rare than the white dialled first series - ~ 1050 pieces in black vs ~ 800 in white - it is more wated and IMHO looks better and more vintage) must carry a (big) premium over later series, that look more modern and less vintage, are collectively less rare and IMHO look more like a Rolex wanna be.
    Being the watch not that old (not even 30y for the 1st series, that dates 1988/89), the key is condition and if it has box and papers, which the younger the watch the more it is expected: to me a top notch first series in great conditions and correct signed papers and box should sell in the 4/4.5k USD range, depending is it has been serviced or not. If without box and papers I would take out 500/750 ISD form this, but I expect this gap to grow as time goes by and box and papers exaples will find permanend homes in collections. 1st series De Lucas are climbing relatively fast, but they are still unappreciated IMHO.
    The second posted is a second or third series with white dial: again I think conditions and box and papers are key. That being said a second series De Luca should be ~ 2.5/3k USD, even though I see them for more but they don't really sell.
    If you go quickly in C24 you will see that there re a lot of De Lucas, but very few 1st series and in face no 1st series with black dial.
    Very nice watch indeed!

propervinyl, edd26 and wristpirate like this.
  9. wristpirate May 8, 2017