Forums Latest Members

Zenith ChronoMaster El Primero Moonphase 02.0240.410

1. prokudin Dec 9, 2023

Hello Zenith enthusiasts!

I have a couple of questions for you concerning Zenith ChronoMaster El Primero Moonphase 02.0240.410.
    I see that there are two versions, one with a leather strap and the other with a steel bracelet. Do you happen to know if those can be interchanged? I remember reading somewhere that the bar springs were slightly different and changing steel for leather was difficult. ChronoMaster owners, what is your experinece?

What about servicing the watch in the US? El Primero is a complicated caliber, do you send it to Zenith, or you have an independent watchmaker who can work on it?

The photos from internet, not mine. Feel free to post your pictures!
    02-0240-410-01-5.jpg 01-0240-410-3_600x600.jpg

Some time ago @Tempus was selling his on this forum, I still regret not buying his and keeping in the OF family. Who knows maybe next time the watch is offered will be a good one for me.

filfb22 likes this.
  2. Enzo Dec 9, 2023

Not able to directly help with the spring bar question, but can't see why it would be difficult to switch from a steel bracelet to leather.
    WRT servicing, I am in the UK and Simon Freese serviced my G381 which has the 3019 PHC version of the el primero movement, rather than the calibre 410 which this has, but a competent independent watchmaker should be able to service these rather than sending back to Zenith unless that is the route you wish to take. BTW, this reference also came with a black dial...

prokudin likes this.
  3. prokudin Dec 10, 2023

Thank you, this is good to know. I saw the black dial of this reference and also gold plated and gold case watches. It is interesting that there are quite a few offerings of the watch from Japan. I wonder if it is related to high number of these watches produced by Zenith or to some problems with the watch so that people do not keep it in their collections. I have not yet seen the watch in flesh, so it is difficult to judge. I wish Zenith brought back this reference, a lot of new references they introduced recently are quite extravagant in my view with several exceptions such as Chronomaster sport or Chronomaster original.

Enzo likes this.
  4. nicola1960 Dec 14, 2023

It is possible to switch from the steel bracelet to the leather strap; it is not possible to switch from the leather strap to the steel bracelet, because the lugs do not have holes.

bracciale-horz.jpg

filfb22 likes this.
  5. prokudin Dec 15, 2023

Thank you @nicola1960! This information is very helpful. So, drilled lugs indicate a possibility of either leather strap or a steel bracelet. Otherwise if the lugs are not drilled, it can be work only on a leather strap. Thank you for taking your time to edit the photo!

6. DTMwatch Dec 16, 2023

I’ve long admired this model El Primero, and I hope to add one to my relatively small collection someday. Kelly Hunter at Art of the Watch services El Primero movements. I’ve not experienced his work on that movement, but he recently did a great job on my Zenith caliber 71. Good luck.

7. njlam Thurs. 9:31am

Question: Why do you need lug holes to accommodate the metal bracelet?

I just bought the 01.0240.410 on a leather strap (without the visible lug holes) and the seller included an OEM metal bracelet as an extra (did not come attached to the watch). Will I be able to attach this bracelet to the watch?

8. YY77 Thurs. 9:43am

Probably not as the end links won't give you the possibility to reach the springbars with a springbartool

1000004650.png