Forums Latest Members

Zenith A386 crown question.

1. dlw4466 Jun 9, 2019

Experts! Can anybody confirm the exact factory crown used on the Mark 3 A386? Did they use more than one star variant- specifically the one with a smaller circle? Or were A386's all born with the same big circle star crown? My current A386 (with a D serial and star caseback) has the Zenith square logo on the crown (right size though) which I've been told is a service replacement. If anyone has a deep expertise on this area of the A386 I would love your help before I purchase the wrong crown for the cost of a nice watch.

Attached photos are of my watch with its current crown and caseback.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3387.jpg IMG_3677.jpg IMG_3678.jpg
  2. chronoboy64 Jun 9, 2019

Hi, I think your question has been discussed before but I donĀ“t remember the thread exactly.
    Can you please post a pic from the crown you are offered and tell us the asking Price ?
    Big circle nato star crown should be the correct one IMHO but there are watches out with the small circle crown, which are stated as untouched and one owner watches. So who knows ?
    Best luck :thumbsup:

3. dlw4466 Jun 9, 2019

Hi thanks for your insight. The ebay seller from Italy was helpful and lead me to the alpha hands sheet on A386 crowns (link below). He had both big circle and smaller circle crowns for sale. And, looking at the case number project, the watches with a serial number closest to mine are listed as having the big circle star crown... so I guess that's case solved. Ebay price for the crown is north of 1k euro... which is obviously.. a lot.

http://alphahands.com/faq/zenith-a386-el-primero-crown/

IMG_3676.PNG
    Lonestar and chronoboy64 like this.
  4. krh7 Jul 9, 2019

what is the interesting bracelet you have fitted?

5. dlw4466 Jul 9, 2019

It's a JB Champion mesh bracelet with the horned lugs. More fit for a Speedmaster, but a winning combo nonetheless.

krh7 likes this.
  6. moyrules Aug 20, 2019

subregister and Frederic_gva like this.