Forums Latest Members

Zenith 146d two chapter chronograph

1. Unluckyfred Curry from India = good. Watches from India = bad Sep 19, 2015

i have one of the above type of watch in 18 carat gold, any body of value ? Cheers fred

2. Unluckyfred Curry from India = good. Watches from India = bad Sep 19, 2015

That last post should have asked, does anybody have any idea of value, the watch runs fine and has original black strap, cheers fred

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 19, 2015

I have a 1962 Ford Thunderbird in blue. How much is it worth?

Huge variation depending on condition is the point, Fred - pics would surely be a help. As a range, say $1200-2500.

4. wsfarrell Sep 20, 2015

For the T-Bird or the watch?

JimInOz, jfwoodman and Bienne2998 like this.
  5. Unluckyfred Curry from India = good. Watches from India = bad Sep 20, 2015

LouS do you work at being obnoxious or is it natural ?

6. ELV web Sep 20, 2015

He is just trying to help, with out picture it is very hard to make a proper suggestion or advise.

7. Traveler Sep 20, 2015

Unlucky Fred. The only one being obnoxious here is you. Spend a bit of time looking on the forum and you will (hopefully) understand the importance of pictures and a little more information in assessing anything. Lou was just making a little joke, and actually gave you more information than most people would have done to be honest... There's a minimum of effort expected when joining a forum just to get a free valuation - and politeness is also a requisite.

8. NT931 Sep 20, 2015

Unluckyfred, you might want to read the sticky for new members:
    "Do not abuse the privilege of membership here – ask because you are curious and enjoy the fellowship and not because you want to make a quick buck. Do some of the research first. Post good photos. And once you learn something, give something back in return."

While you are seeking help, it would be beneficial for you to supply photos too. Other new members have also sought help, with photos, and advice then follows (see this recent example here).

ELV web likes this.
  9. ConElPueblo Sep 20, 2015

I came here for the Thunderbird - any more info?

10. Davidt Sep 20, 2015

Classy.

11. m neuman What, me worry? Sep 20, 2015

Lou is lying it is a baby blue 1956 thunderbird. He just doesn't want everyone to know he has such a sexy car!
    [​IMG]

12. Unluckyfred Curry from India = good. Watches from India = bad Sep 20, 2015

As a new and naive member to this forum the least I was looking for was advice, direction, instructions, and even decency, but instead all I got was snide sneering put downs, and if any one of the members would accept people speaking to you like that I would be amazed.

13. Traveler Sep 20, 2015

@Stewart H - any more of those JW Anderson Sweatshirts left ? Prime recipient here....

Stewart H and Northernman like this.
  14. Northernman Lemaniac Sep 20, 2015

Stop sobbing and read up! This forum has loads of knowledgeable and helpful members, one of the best examples of this is the very @LouS who tried to give you a humoristic hint that you started the whole thing a bit wrong.
    Take it like a man! Brush it off. Read up and post some pictures. Then you will see.....

Baz9614, x3no, Adri and 3 others like this.
  15. Hijak Sep 20, 2015

:rolleyes:

16. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 20, 2015

Baz9614, jfwoodman and CanberraOmega like this.
  17. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 20, 2015

What you actually got was very useful information - value range. And a polite nudge for more information. More than I would have given based on the lack of information or pictures in your original request.

The (appropriately) "snide sneering put downs" were earned with your rude follow up.

Perhaps if you try again, in a more civil manner, that more positive tone will be reciprocated. Otherwise continue to reap what you have sown.

Edited Sep 20, 2015
    NT931 and Hijak like this.
  18. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Sep 20, 2015

Buck up son! "Here there be monsters!" - capt. Hector Barbossa :p

heypacha and Northernman like this.
  19. Unluckyfred Curry from India = good. Watches from India = bad Sep 22, 2015

I am in no need to buck up, grow a pair or any other such witticism, I would not speak to anybody the way LouS did, difference in manners or cultures ? As a widows son I have always found kind advice and a steady hand works wonders, what I was told was just cheek, that's it, I admit to not reading the rules and regs of the site, but I was hoping to get advice on how to load photos, what to describe, how to grade things, but this appears to be a tight knit community and I will not say anymore on the fact as it might warrant some more "grow a pair" comments, and believe you me I have a big pair. My wee watch will just go back in the drawer. Ciao

20. Unluckyfred Curry from India = good. Watches from India = bad Sep 22, 2015

Is being truthful and honest with my opinions "abuse the privileges of membership" and as for making a quick buck, I thought if there was somebody who would wear the watch more than me, then I may be able to pass it on, not too make a fast buck.