Forums Latest Members

Zealande straps , anyone else like it ?

1. Relumer Mar 31, 2018

i have one on my SMP . Looks like they copy everest/rubberB designs but looking at pictures of those rubber straps seems to me they are little thicker

anyone else has experience with these?

IMG_20180331_033602_327.jpg

2. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Mar 31, 2018

I have a similar curved end rubber strap on my Seiko. I find it lightweight, comfortable and the curvature lowers the side profile of my watch, so..........I'm a fan :) image.jpeg

3. 89-0 Mar 31, 2018

I like it on Seiko, but the combination of the stepped strap with the SMP's sexy lugs doesn't do it for me.

4. Relumer Mar 31, 2018

its not for the seikos ,its made for few rolex models and the omega seamaster . Info taken from their page
    the above seiko does not have the strap im asking about

5. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Mar 31, 2018

Sorry Relumer, I did say ‘similar’ in my post and IMO, it does look similar to your original post although I appreciate that given that my rubber strap was bought at a fraction of the cost of the Zealande, it’s nowhere near as good a quality. Sorry again.

6. Roosa Jun 8, 2020

A bit of a bump, but today my Zealande strap for my SMPc arrived. I'm thrilled:

[​IMG]

The Good:
    * I love the look. No gap, solid color, great color match - perfection. Easily the best rubber strap (possibly other than OEM) that I've found for the watch.
    * Comfort is excellent - light enough that you don't notice that it's there. Real rubber, so it feels solid enough.
    * Dries very quickly after being submerged.

The Bad:
    * The fit is tight enough that rotating the bezel now requires more force than it did before. At first it was downright difficult, though after spinning it a dozen or so times it is loosening up a bit so I'm hopeful this isn't a long-term issue.
    * Installation was a bit of a pain - you have to very carefully manipulate the pins into place (I wasn't able to do it by hand and had to pry with my springbar tool a touch). There's plenty of visibility for the pins from the back, however, so removing the strap won't be a problem.

The verdict:
    $175 is a lot for a rubber strap. That said, the OEM strap with buckle is something like $500-600, which is downright criminal. If you don't mind flat ends and a strap gap, you can get some great rubber straps cheaper (BluShark, Isofrane, etc.). If you want that perfect fit with curved ends, however, this delivers for less than 1/3 the price of OEM. After searching for a bit, I believe I've finally found perfection, and despite owning way too many 20mm straps have no intention of taking this off my Seamaster any time soon.

UCZ_15 and Dsloan like this.
  7. amiriqbal Jun 8, 2020

Just ordered 2 for a Seamaster apnea. The customer service from the owner was excellent, answered all my questions over the weekend, by email, and even sent me a pic he has lying about of the strap on my watch.

Will post some thoughts when they arrive :)

Dsloan likes this.
  8. ras47 Jun 8, 2020

Whoa, time warp! I feel like I just stepped back into 1977. Not because of the watch - because of the Apple II.

apsm100 and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  9. Roosa Jun 8, 2020

Still running strong, and fun to turn it on for games from time to time. The tricky part was finding a CRT monitor to attach to it.

omegawatchlvr and ras47 like this.
  10. Lovemy8541 Jun 8, 2020

I just got a black Zealande strap a few days ago for my new, white Seamaster 300M. As said above it was a royal pain in the butt to put on, but once on the watch the fit is excellent and the look is factory to me. I wish I could compare it directly with the OEM, but the price for the Omega is even more ridiculous than the $175 paid for this one.

I've had various straps over the years on various watches, from Hirsch to Bonetto Cinturini, and the Zealande is by far the most factory looking strap. It is also one of the most comfortable. Fortunately my wrist size is such that the perfect hole exists on the strap for adjustment. The holes are spaced far enough apart that the right adjustment may not be available for everyone.

I love the look and will leave it on the watch most of the time, saving the bracelet for formal occasions now and then. That being said, my wife thinks the Zealande makes the watch look more formal then the bracelet. I think the look on the white Seamaster screams "Fun!"

I am tempted to try out a NATO or two, but the thought of removing the Zealand and putting it back on on a whim is not pleasing.

For now the Zealande stays and I'm very pleased with the purchase, including the quick shipping and personalized note in the packaging.

Forgive the cellphone, pool-side snapshot. It's the best there is of my watch and Zealande for now...

20200608_235014.jpg
  11. Bimmerman77 Jun 8, 2020

Mine came in around 3 weeks ago for my 8800 smp. Was a PITA to install, but liked the look and feel of it. Sold my smp this past week with the Zealande strap and OEM bracelet. Overall not bad for $175

Dsloan likes this.
  12. amiriqbal Jun 9, 2020

My straps both arrived from zealande... Great looking bit of kit and fit perfect. Also agree bit of a pain to fit.

20200609_140418.jpg 20200609_140353.jpg 20200609_130822.jpg 20200609_130742.jpg

Redadmiral2, Dsloan, Wetworks and 2 others like this.
  13. Dsloan Jun 17, 2020

I'll put in a plug as well. Sometimes I'm amazed at what a difference a strap change can make. The bracelet on my Omega Apnea made the watch fairly heavy and chunky. The Zealande really makes the watch look and feel less bulky on the wrist. It seems to fit as well as the OEM rubber strap, but for less than half the cost. Though, as others mentioned, I did curse a few times while installing it.

IMG_20200614_190342.jpg IMG_20200614_193741.jpg IMG_20200614_194048.jpg

14. Desmodromic Jul 8, 2020

I also have a white 300M. For the factory rubber strap, Omega quoted me $250.00 for the strap, and $250.00 for the buckle. Yep, $250.00 for a tang buckle, approximately the retail price of a new, bezel-less Seiko 5.

And the buckle is on back order for approximately 4 months. ::censored::

15. scapa Jul 8, 2020

It's pricey for sure -- though I think I paid around CAD 85.00 for buckle and tang. I do think the OEM is a clear improvement on the Zealande I owned though. More flexible, prefer the buckle and keepers and still looks and feels like new after a ton of wear. But agree that the Zealande is a well-made strap at a fair price. Nice to see them coming out with new colours as well.

16. ian_in_sydney Sep 7, 2020

Ireceived mine yesterday. I’ve got 3 OEM NATO’s (grey, beige and black with red piping), the Omega rubber as well as the bracelet which I bought my 300m diver on. I need to make my mind up!
    Really impressed with the packaging, fit and comfort of the Zealande although it’s obviously early days. I slept with it on last night and it didn’t feel uncomfortable 1A01A2D3-152E-49F1-9E4D-1637137003ED.jpeg when I woke up.
    Unlike other’s experiences I found the fitting of the strap really easy, managed to do it with fingers only, didn’t need to use my springbar tool. Complete opposite experience with the bracelet which is so deep I have to take it to a jewellers to swap it out. 1A01A2D3-152E-49F1-9E4D-1637137003ED.jpeg

Dsloan and michael22 like this.
  17. ian_in_sydney Sep 7, 2020

Apologies for attaching the photo twice

18. Scooterino36 Sep 10, 2020

Giving my vote of approval for Zealande straps. When my SMPc isnt on the bracelet, its on a black Zealande.

I like to travel with my SMPc, so when I want to be less conspicuous, the black rubber strap does the job. I believe mine has the old buckle design. They were recently offering a free buckle upgrade with additional purchase, but not sure if that is still the case.

uo2nfmz422241.jpg
    ian_in_sydney likes this.
  19. ian_in_sydney Sep 10, 2020

Looks great

20. FrequentTrain Sep 13, 2020

Omega offered you the new rubber strap for $250? How did you accomplish that?