Forums Latest Members
  1. gophishin Mar 3, 2015

Normally I would shy away from posting a watch I'm interested in, but it's on eBay, so I figured you all have or will see it, and I am interested to see what you guys think. Lume is looking a little puffy, but not too bad, dial looks okay otherwise. Hands (to me) look correct, has DON bezel in good condition, and single step case back. I can't make out if the reset (lower) pusher is different, and if both are correct (still developing the eye for this). The seller thinks the serial starts with 2507, but it was the jeweler who opened the caseback and he would need a few days to get back and confirm. The position of the regulator has me a bit concerned though, should it?

Lastly, is the bracelet, which (forgive me please) I don't know much about Omega bracelets at all. This one appears to be marked 812 It is on my agenda to learn more, but have been navigating the nuances of the references and movements up until now. I think I will most likely wear it on a strap or a JB Champion style bracelet anyways, but thought this could have some influence on the value.

Thank you in advance for any feedback, thoughts, and opinions you all might have on this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 3, 2015

the lume is a little fuzzy, but looks ok. a good price at $3300. speedmaster101.com says "running", head only at $3600.

suggest waiting for more experienced opinions on the lume and the regulator though.

that's definitely a later model bracelet, but if you're not concerned, then not a deal breaker.

gophishin likes this.
  3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 3, 2015

Its not bad.
    All correct parts.
    (Except bracelet and end links - I would sell those off)
    Canadian seller who seems to spend his time in car boot sales. I suppose it is good value for a Canadian too.
    Dial seems good, attractive.
    It desperately needs a service and a light polish - I don't usually polish anything but I feel this watch might respond well to a very, very light touch.
    I like it.

gophishin likes this.
  4. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 3, 2015

145.012-67 around the 250xxxxxxx have thicker lume.
    I have 10 on my hard drive and that's what they look like.
    No worries. That's how they are.
    Here's 25006xxx
    25006444.jpg

sirish19 and gophishin like this.
  5. gophishin Mar 3, 2015

Many thanks for the replies so far. Any thoughts as to the seemingly extreme position of the regulator? Hopefully, it just needs a proper service?

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 3, 2015

I would agree the lume does not ring alarm bells

In my experience pretty much anything can be fixed with a service by a watchmaker who has access to parts

7. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Mar 4, 2015

I would be concerned that the regulation arrow is past the "R". Either this watch runs very slow or it needs to be slowed past the scale to run correctly. Either is not good.

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 4, 2015

...but can be corrected by a competent watchmaker with service (for which a collector should budget)? Or is this "not good" in a way that points to a more critical issue?

9. gophishin Mar 4, 2015

My question as well. The seller responded that it belonged to her late husband and he wore it sparingly. She also stated that she has had it running since listing and it "has not lost or gained a second"...

Seems like a decent win, especially if it stays near its current price. The unknown of if it just needs a servicing or something more serious has me a bit worried.

10. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 4, 2015

you pays your money...and you takes your chances :)
    half the fun. Like Forest's mom said...like a box of chocolates-

MikiJ and gophishin like this.
  11. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 4, 2015

Hmmm...
    beginning to think the biased regulator position is not a big deal, and some members who know this aren't saying so because they have interest in this example...
    (Count me out, I have no watch money)
    I will watch this auction with great interest now.

12. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 11, 2015

Well, after 10 days a second bid came in to push the original bid up. Just under 4 hours to go...
    What's your sniper bid set at? ;)

13. gophishin Mar 11, 2015

I'm punting this one (but still watching). Seems like a decent/fair pickup if it stays near it's current price. Although I would have planned to have it serviced anyways, the combination of the regulator's position, it being a 321, and it being my first speedy has made me gun shy.

14. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 11, 2015

The more you post these watches the lurkers are taking advantage of your inquiries.

Lurker_SC1_Art1.jpg
  15. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 11, 2015

It won't. You won't see the final price until it's over. This item is a sniper's paradise. Unless the final bid comes from a low feedback, then it's a shill bidder's/relister's paradise.
    I could be wrong, but who would take the bet? :)

16. gophishin Mar 11, 2015

$3850 takes it. Do the more experienced collectors think that's a fair price? Seems to fall in line with Spacefruit's chart.

17. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 11, 2015

I would say it's as high as I have seen a 145.012 go for in this condition.
    If I had guessed a value before I would have said 3000-3300 and I would have been wrong, (obviously). Time will tell if this was an outlier or a signal of prices to come.
    It is complete and correct, if tired.
    Needs a service and clean and I would expect it to respond well.

18. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Mar 11, 2015

High side of fair. I may feel different when I eventually/hopefully buy a 321 in the future (though I'll be looking at a 105...)