Forums Latest Members
  1. MichaelRay Jun 23, 2017

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and luxury watches in general. I believe that my first serious watch purchase after 45 years on this Earth will be a Speedmaster. I thought that I've decided on a Professional, but now after looking at some Mark 40's on the bay, I'm not so sure.
    Unfortunatly I'm not finding a lot of information on the MK40 and didn't know if that's because it's rare or if members here have just avoided it.
    Either way I look forward to any response and recommendation.
    Thank you in advance!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 23, 2017

There's nothing wrong with the MK40 at all, its based on the 7750 movement which is very robust as well as easy and affordable to maintain, as with any used watch you buy if it doesn't have a receipt from a watchmaker for servicing within the last 5 years it'll be due and assume it has zero water resistance until you have it resealed and pressure tested.

The Pro, Date and MK40 are all excellent choices you won't be disappointed with any of them.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 23, 2017

Mk40 is a seriously nice piece of kit. The Octopus as someone here named it is a great 8 hander.

I think it pulled off that much density of data in a very good looking way. Something lacking in most day date month Chronos. It was one of the first Speedmasters to really grab my eye.

The 42mm pro gets all the press but it's top 3 regular production Speedmasters in my book.

In no order.. 42mm Pro, Grail, MK40 in black.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/speedy-tuesday-omega-speedmaster-day-date-mk40/
    Great link on them.

4. MichaelRay Jun 23, 2017

Thank you for the advice and informative link. This is going to make my job of picking this first watch even harder.