your thoughts about this Omega Seamaster De Ville?

Hi Everyone!
I am Ricky, i've been really interested having Omega vintage watches for years.
Because some of them partly changed (or even fake! jeez!) that's why I am still in doubt to get 1.

so I've just recently found 1 beautiful watch but I want to ask your opinions about the watch if this is authentic?

so far It's really good watch and nothing looks suspicious to me, and it's about 850 USD
is it worth it for the price?

and why is no one wearing the silver one? everything I see at the market is gold
is the silver one the cheaper one or what?

Thank you!

Hi Ricky!

Some issues here:

Incorrect replaced crown
Redialed
Lugs seem quite rounded

850 USD would be even too expensive for a correct one

Keep checking the private watch sale forum!

Good luck!

Hi Ricky!

Some issues here:

Incorrect replaced crown
Redialed
Lugs seem quite rounded

850 USD would be even too expensive for a correct one

Keep checking the private watch sale forum!

Good luck!
this is why I still haven't had one. it is so hard to find!

and thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!!!

any recommended watch sale beside Ebay and Chrono24?

This is in pretty bad shape - these watches in original conditions go for a lot less these days

But they seem to be in demand honestly, so the price will most probably increase

For example I asked this question: https://omegaforums.net/threads/an-...mage-patina-or-a-near-perfect-re-dial.125126/

Everyone dissed the one with the patina I shared

But honestly, if you can see the true beauty in watches, that one is in 100x better condition than most abused watches you'll come across, for example the one you shared seems to be polished to death - and probably, the dial originally was damaged instead of stained

You could buy a watch like this and just clean it softly 😁

For example I asked this question: https://omegaforums.net/threads/an-...mage-patina-or-a-near-perfect-re-dial.125126/

Everyone dissed the one with the patina I shared

But honestly, if you can see the true beauty in watches, that one is in 100x better condition than most abused watches you'll come across, for example the one you shared seems to be polished to death - and probably, the dial originally was damaged instead of stained

You could buy a watch like this and just clean it softly 😁
i got what you mean. Now I am still looking for another!
Thank you so much 😁

Buying a vintage watch is not that easy. It requires patience and discipline. I spent 2 years looking for an A-11 WW2 aviator watch before I found one at a good price. I expect you could find a nice dress Seamaster within a few months though.

Buying a vintage watch is not that easy. It requires patience and discipline. I spent 2 years looking for an A-11 WW2 aviator watch before I found one at a good price. I expect you could find a nice dress Seamaster within a few months though.
actually now I found 1 but idk if it's worth it or not. because he said that the hands are re-lumed, no original buckle, and glass is not original
what I am afraid is the re-lumed thing, does it ruin the value?

I agree that the watch OP is posting is not worth the money. But I would also like to mention that if it was all original (and remember it comes with a buckle) I actually think 850 USD would be a fair price. Not saying that this particular watch is worth that but just trying to bring some perspective. Also, OP, you don't necessarily have to get it 100% right in the first place. An incorrect crown, or even correct later replacement crown would be okay with personally. Of course a matter of personal taste but I think that many newcomers have a tendency to read a lot on this forum and then accept nothing less than completely perfect when they buy their first watch.