Forums Latest Members
  1. Littleroger Feb 5, 2013

This one looks quite nice to me but I need more expert eyes to see if I've missed anything. I'll ask him for pics of the movement.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/261165064600?redirect=mobilePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 5, 2013

Respectable Member Littleroger

Unfortunately I am not into the Speedmaster, since it belongs to another zone altogether, compared to the SM 300. If and when I have the funds, I would first get the SM 300.

Only after that I will go for a Speedmaster and the one that I prefer will come without the word 'PROFESSIONAL' on its dial.

Thank-you.

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

It would be nice to see the bottom of the dial to confirm the T marks are there, although the crusty lume at 11,12 & 2 indicates the dial isn't a replacement. The hands look fairly new in comparison though. And I can't tell if someone's been too enthusiatc with the polishing or their photo processing.

At E2800/£2400 it looks a little heavy on the price, especially if the hands are replacements.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

Too expensive and the hands are replacements and they chose the wrong hand styles too from the originals (these are shorter and stubbier than the originals which are also still available for sale).

5. Littleroger Feb 5, 2013

Thanks guys. I knew there was something not right about the hands. Didn't pick up on the fact that they are actually wrong! The dial and bezel look right though. The case does look a bit too clean.
    Ta
    R

6. Dash1 Feb 5, 2013

Yes, overpriced for sure. Bezel correct, dial correct but possibly over cleaned (looks like some of the lume is missing revealing the white paint marker underneath). Bracelet is not correct either, looks like a 1039 but is not a stretch flat-link (came in around 1970 ish, made for Omega by JB Champion - nice vintage looking bracelet and a bit stronger than the stretch ones, but not worth the same money!)
    If you can spend that you will definitely find a really good original example.

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

Cal. 321 speedmasters pop up regularly in the recommended ebay watches thread.