Forums Latest Members

Your first is always special

1. jimmyd13 Dec 18, 2016

... and we are talking watches here. Although ...

... anyway. I was reading some old threads and one mentioned n00b mistakes in buying watches. I know I've made plenty of mistakes with watches but my first wasn't. I still take her out for dinner often. She's the first I see every time I open my watchbox and has a place at the top right so that I can always look at her through the glass. She cemented my love of all things vintage and has never missed a beat in over twenty years, just asking for the occasional service. I picked her up in a muddy field at a carboot sale and, despite my best lines, I couldn't get her to come home with me for anything less than her ex demanded.

IMAG0563.JPG

So, who's still with their first and let's see her (or him)?

Larry S, ahartfie, FullyWound and 3 others like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 18, 2016

Oh boy, hope FullyWound doesn't see this :rolleyes:

ulackfocus likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Dec 18, 2016

Calling @FullyWound - your special kind of attention is required for the original post!

Oh, and while we're at it........

Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf Viceroy Decaf

abrod520 and jimmyd13 like this.
  4. jimmyd13 Dec 18, 2016

You gotta say why .... or should I just page him?

5. ulackfocus Dec 18, 2016

I just did.

jimmyd13 likes this.
  6. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Dec 18, 2016

[​IMG]

A late '40s/early '50s Glycine in its 18kt green gold case, found rattling around in a .50 caliber ammo box full of ammunition hand loading supplies in the early 1980s started me on the path to vintage watches and their rehabilitation, ratty though they may be. The relative giving the .50 ammo box and contents didn't want the watch when discovered so it was a freebie.

Worn last to our youngest son's wedding at the end of October this year.

[​IMG]

Vitezi, ahartfie, jimmyd13 and 2 others like this.
  7. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Dec 18, 2016

What?! I saw the Illy Symbol Above the OF headquarters Is everything OK? my Off topic senses are tingling!
    Is it that dastardly devil the "International Watchman-Man" or is a thread simply about to die! Ill save it! but first i need to fill my double barrel espresso macchiato machine .. Fear Not!

jimmyd13 and ulackfocus like this.
  8. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Dec 18, 2016

No... this thread is new and interesting, why have i been called here? .. I shall Like and be gone. Posting to follow "i'll B.b.b..b. bE BACK!"

9. trim Dec 20, 2016

Neither of my firsts were 'special' in any way that could be construed as good :eek:

One was a horrible Mumbai Tissot redial I bought 8 or so years ago. I still own it as penance, but I've hidden it.
    The other was bad case of beer goggles in the dark around 28 years ago.

- older and (a little) wiser me says never again!

Edited Dec 20, 2016
    ulackfocus and jimmyd13 like this.
  10. ulackfocus Dec 20, 2016

hahaha! We missed having you around man. Glad you're back!