Forums Latest Members

Your expert advice !!! for Seamaster Chrono Olympic collection

1. ricardorio Feb 14, 2016

Dear friends I would like to add to my collection this beautiful Seamaster Chrono Olympic Broad Arrow Ref 78419817 and I am thinking to pull the trigger.

The watch looks untouchable, with box, paper and two bracelet (steel and leather)

I know is too big for my wrist but I am shocked !!! for the quality and the price...

Ask u$s 3500.- (special price for regular buyer)

Opinions?

Thanks in advance !!!

IMG-20160213-WA0009.jpg IMG-20160213-WA0012 (1).jpg

meganfox17 likes this.
  2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 14, 2016

Saw a grey market site with one for $5400, so $3500 seems to be a bargain. But it's not my cup of tea.

meganfox17 and ricardorio like this.
  3. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Feb 14, 2016

some would claim that there is no "beautiful Seamaster Chrono Olympic Broad Arrow Ref 78419817"

*duckandrun*

meganfox17, Foo2rama and ricardorio like this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 14, 2016

Nice watch. Do you have an affinity for the Olympics? I.e. Is there a reason you're drawn to this one?

You certainly don't see them often in the wruw thread..

Best of luck if you go for it!

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. ricardorio Feb 14, 2016

Thanks for asking @addboy . Yes. I am former olympic athlete, Omega fanatic and certified scuba diver !!! So, this watch is a fantastic mixture of my resume.

Best !!!

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 14, 2016

Then the watch is perfect for you. Be sure to keep track of the history once it comes to you.. pics, events, etc. Would make a pretty package for someone, someday..

ricardorio and meganfox17 like this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 14, 2016

Then it is kinda a no brainer then. Price looks right, all the ones I see are $5,800 plus with one exeception. The watch is pretty unique and not everyones cup of tea, but that does not mean it is a bad watch. If it speaks to you, and it is in your budget then pull that trigger! As a PO owner of this vintage, honestly these do not wear that large.

The one exception is here at the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/watches-Seama..._SL500_SR148,250_&refRID=06RAKQ8RVJBHVHTCB261

ricardorio and meganfox17 like this.
  8. meganfox17 Feb 15, 2016

Dear Ricardorio ,
    Like WwwoWwwwwwW. !!!!
    This Is Insane... i Dont Believe Thissss !!!...!!!!OMG....!!! Freakin Awesome & Totally Honoured to like.. actually meet a True Olympic Athlete. ...????!!!!
    Let Me catch My Breath ..... !
    AWwww.. Come on ..Do Tell Us & Me ..Who You Really Are ..I guess if You wanna remain anonymous ...i could respect that.... But..
    Let's see.... a certified scuba diver means You would probably be involved in either the Swimming or Diving Olympic discipline...! Ok i will rule out Synchronized swimming & Water Polo. Ha66x!
    i dont know Ricardorio......
    but i could just scream my Lungs Out & Cry Hysterically if You were actually Tom Daley...!! I have a pinned up poster of ...aahhh...ahh..Tom Daley in my Room... Sigh..!!! Ahhh.. so Cute , So sculptured Greek God like Body ..with Boy Band Good Looks . Tom Daley the Diving Champion has an Omega Seamaster 300 Chronograph timepiece ! He sure does......Yes Sirrr..
    Michael Phelps ???...hmmmm. i dont think you are Michael.. although he does have a SM 600 Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Titanium Arrrgghh... You are driving Me Crazy...!!!! Could You Give Me Some clues
    .. like please ..Sir..Who Are You ???...pretty please..???? Just Tell me how many medals you won & in what colour or International Events You participated in.... FINA perhaps ?? ..i'll figure the rests out !....Hmmm.....?? i promise i wont tell a Soul ( Cross My Heart Hope To Die if I Lie..!!! .) . I Swear I wont mention any more names in this thread or any other forums.....
    I'm So Thrilled.. So Honoured to have been given a chance to meet You Sir...An Omega World & Olympic Champion ...!!!

p/s : i could write a letter to Stephen Urquhart , CEO of Omega & just tell him that Omega must recognize Your Feats & You Deserve to be presented with The Seamaster Chrono Olympic
    Broad arrow Ref No 7841 19817.....or just give You whatever You Want !!! Omega Should Be Proud of You... !!!

XOXOXO
    -Megan-

ricardorio likes this.
  9. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 15, 2016

That's a reasonable price, and if you like it, I say go for it! :thumbsup:

10. ricardorio Feb 15, 2016

Thanks a lot for your kind lines Megan ...

Unfortunately I am not those greatest athletes... Bad luck for you ... and for me too !!!

I could say , I participated in olympics. I did not compete . I was an average athlete in this high competition level . I never got to an Olympic final . A medal , quite far . But no one takes it from me that I won my Olympic rings with honor and I was always respected as a good athlete in and out of competition field. Today I enjoy the recognition and respect of great athletes who are Olympic medallist.

For the respect and appreciation that I won, today those athletes (Olympic medallist, world champion, and other like me... average level) come to my house , and spend time with my family and enjoyed touring the beautiful city where I live.

Off course, if my name where Phelps, Omega will pay to me to wear the Seamaster, that´s not the case... I have to buy the watch but I dont care !!!

Funny moment:
    A few weeks ago I was in the swimming pool and three guy come to talk to me. I try to be a simple and humble person and those guys said to me ... Wow you are a sport living legend !!! At this moment my wife started laughing and she said "O my god... You paid for that scene"

Thats my story Thanks for all the post ... Best !!!

11. meganfox17 Feb 15, 2016

Dear Ricardorio ,
    Lets Clear things Up 1st ..Tell Your Loving Wife... You Didnt Pay me a Dime or a Dollar to write a little tribute to You!
    But Ricardorio.. i read your brief story & like OMG....Such Modesty & Humility from A True Olympic Hero ! The Fact that You are Part of the History & Spirit of the Olympics makes You Very Special & A Role Model for the Younger Generations ..
    Honestly ...like i dont really care.. whether you won a medal or not.. but the fact that You competed with the Best defines Your Great Character ...making Everything So Beautiful & Worthwhile...!!

From where i come from , Malaysia , if people knew you were once part of the Olympics.. like the PR people & marketing Strategists of those Branded Sports boutiques in the scores of Shopping Malls would like... hire you on the spot ..& ...You could really make some serious Cash !!! ...Hell Yeah ! ...Just spend the whole day signing autographs ..
    ( Sigh...I wish i had Yours !) & The Omega Sm Chrono Olympic broad arrow Ref no 7841 19817 will be Yours !!!! I'm not kidding Sir...( Your Wife would probably shake her head in disbelief & laughing away i guess ..! ) Anyway .....My Warmest Regards to your Better Half & Children. Tell Her again You absolutely had No part in all of this ....ok ?
    On the contrary i 'm truly honoured to have met You Sir..
    ( Wish i had lots of Selfies With You of course... like ..Wefies ?! Twofies ?! . Ha66x! ) & it's Costing me Money 'coz " Your Damn Meter is Running ..! "

XOXOXO
    -Megan-

p/s - i Hope You get ye 'Omega' ASAP otherwise you better start thinking about coming down to Malaysia...!!!!

12. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 15, 2016

Megan, can you give the Shift key a break please ;)

KstateSkier and Foo2rama like this.
  13. ricardorio Feb 15, 2016

Here is the little book that gave to us in Athens 2004 Olympic Games. The book was a Omega gift, the Speedmaster my personal watch since 25 years.
    20160215_170845.jpg 20160215_170649.jpg

meganfox17 likes this.
  14. meganfox17 Feb 16, 2016

Dear Ricardorio
    Love Your Speedmaster ! 25 yrs long ??
    Like Wow ! I'd probably lose mine in 10 !
    Just Guessing... but isnt that Black & White Photograph on the page an Omega Defining Moment of the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics ?

[​IMG]

Thank You for Sharing It With Me !

XOXOXO
    Megan

Miss_Bourginskay likes this.
  15. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Feb 16, 2016

@ricardorio -- I don't know if you've pulled the trigger yet but here's some detailed info on the watch, directly from Omega.

With a listed case diameter of 37.5mm, that doesn't seem too big for most wrists.

PO_Oly.jpg

Edited Feb 16, 2016
    ricardorio likes this.
  16. ricardorio Feb 17, 2016

Thanks a lot for your post. In my hand the watch seems bigger... You are right, 37,5mm is not big.

I am waiting to sale one of my Speedys first to pull de trigger ...

Thanks a lot !!!

meganfox17 likes this.
  17. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Feb 17, 2016

Hey Megan, I got a bronze lifesaving medal when I was ten.
    I own a Speedmaster or two.
    Love K.L. by the way.

18. ricardorio Feb 17, 2016

Fantastic post !!!

meganfox17 likes this.
  19. Riviera Paradise Feb 19, 2016

@ricardorio...pricing looks good...if you like it go for it!

ricardorio likes this.