Forums Latest Members

You Tell Me: Modern Or Vintage... Omega 1894 Limited Edition

1. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 7, 2013

Good News: After a decade of searching I found the Omega of my dreams. At least the one I could afford.
    Bad News: I too soon discovered that these "old eyes" could enjoy it's beautiful dial, let alone tell time.
    Once again a member of this forum, understanding your knowledge is most valuable, came to the rescue.
    MSN - Mike, gave me the necessary hand sizes so I could switch-out the original RG sweeps for steel-blue.
    Best of all: He told me to order an extra set, something about Murphy's Law. Obviously Murphy said hello!
    An added bonus was that Omega originally made one of the Japanese versions with steel-blue sweeps.
    Please feel free to let me know what you think. Best to all, Miki P1160252.JPG P3070324.JPG

2. ulackfocus Mar 7, 2013

The contrast will certainly make it easy to tell the time at a glance. :thumbsup:

Volcan likes this.
  3. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 7, 2013

For sure! Now I'll need some new Navy Gator "shoes".

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 7, 2013

I think it looks great Miki. Nice 1894. And BTW welcome to Omegaforums, nice to have you here.

I would love to have one of these. I saw one offered on Chrono24 a couple of months or so, but it was bad timing for me.

Here's new shoes worthy of your purchase.
    http://www.sirtoli.com/

5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 7, 2013

Too funny as my friend from PuristS, Art (Dr.No) gave me the tip on how they had it listed on Chrono24.
    Same watch and it took me all most a month to get comfortable with the "Goomba" that had it listed.
    Turns out the his company is an jewelery store liquidator. Not only is it NOS, but also100% complete.

Thanx for the "Head's-Up on the strap. It's length is made for me and 1/2 the cost of an ABP.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with this one, it's just as attractive from behind. Enjoy, Miki P1180272.JPG

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 7, 2013

Nice thing about that strap Miki is that it comes highly recommended by Mike. :thumbsup:

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 8, 2013

Welcome Miki! Nice conversion and perhaps omega should have used those blue hands on this model all along...