Forums Latest Members

You have seen me and my watch. I feel unhappy looking at it now after Omega Repaired it...

1. LuminousMaximus Aug 14, 2013

I'm happy that they made it work and keep time great! But...

I'm asking because I am just kinda been beat up by the whole thing. I'm at a loss of words and just am unable to get excited about my watch anymore...

I am curious if anyone would even want this watch with the long story and I almost feel like dropping it off in the ocean to live it's life in peace...

Here is the story...<---Click here

IMG_0166.JPG IMG_0168.JPG
  2. Sherbie Aug 14, 2013

I can see where you are coming from and why you feel slightly annoyed and frustrated. My take on this is:

You now have a fully serviced, good looking Omega, that will run and run for years. Yes, its not like it was when your dad had it, but it could be that you dad bought a "dog" of a watch anyway, without knowing what he was buying.

Or did he ? - was it possible that he bought this watch cheaply, as a daily beater of a watch?

Whatever, I,d try to see the funny side of this whole story. I would not sell it, but I,d put it in the safe for now, and when the mood takes you, get it out and wear it for a few weeks and smile

citizenrich likes this.
  3. LuminousMaximus Aug 14, 2013

I talked to him and he said he paid $3675 US Dollars, while he was visiting Portugal in 1969 or 70' He said he had the watch maintained by Omega service people until the 80's where he gave it to a local jeweler. So from that point who knows...

I just felt that if Omega made a DeVille case that they would have a DeVille face to go along with it.

I thank you for your kind words and have thought about doing exactly as you have stated. I have restore most things I own to their original condition and I feel that I may not succeed this time. It pains me that even though It went to Switzerland, they couldn't make it happen for me and for Omega...

Edit- I'm laughing on the inside....olo

4. Sherbie Aug 15, 2013

Wow, $3.7k sounds an awful lot for 1967. That would have bought a small house in the UK at that time!

I,ve found this at the excellent old-omega web site that has many old brochures and user manuals. Its an italian brochure from 1969, and has a similar watch to your listed at lira 11,000

not sure what that was worth in US $ at that time, but suggest nowhere near 3.6k worth

image.jpg
  5. Sherbie Aug 15, 2013