Forums Latest Members
  1. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Apr 22, 2015

I would have it serviced then wear it "as is". When and if the right bezel, DON or Telemeter/pulsometer 60 bezel, came along I would add that and at the sample time an Omega logo. Why spend a ton of money on something that will never be absolutely correct? Enjoy it :)

2. incabloc Apr 22, 2015

it looks great as it is..:thumbsup:...from aesthetic reason's i would just change the pushers.

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 22, 2015

I am a huge fan of ABC but they cannot handle a 321 Omega because of the parts situation.

4. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Apr 22, 2015

Please correct me if I'm wrong. My understanding is that most modern day servicing calls for most original pushers and crowns, let alone replacements, be replaced to maintain proper pressure testing. Hopefully Al will chime in with the correct answer.

5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Apr 22, 2015

They can in terms of finishing. Parts is just subject to what needs to be changed. Simple basic movement parts they can get. If you need some of the special pieces than any watchmaker is going to charge a premium if they have them in stock outside of the standard replacement parts.

6. incabloc Apr 22, 2015

aesthetic just mean's, that the currently mounted pusher's are not the dimensional correct one's for this Ref. . The currently one's are from technical point of view ok....but it looks a bit oversized.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2015

Can you be more specific what is meant by this?

Thanks, Al

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2015

It really depends who you take the watch to, and depending on that, what your preference is.

If you take the watch to a brand service center, they change certain parts on the watch whether it needs it or not. In chronographs, these typically include the crown and pushers (and of course the case back gasket). For an Omega non-chronograph dive watch, they will change the case tube, crown, and HEV usually.

If someone brings a watch to me, I'll do what they want me to do (with appropriate warnings given by me as needed). If someone wants the pushers and crown for example changed on a watch no matter what, I can do that. If they want me to see if it passes a pressure test before changing anything, I'll do that. If it fails, then I change the cheapest part first (the crown) and test it again, then if needed replace the pushers. If someone doesn't want the pushers or crown changed at all, I'll leave them alone.

Cheers, Al

9. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 22, 2015

It's a straight lugged speedy what's not to like? It might not be a purists watch but what a daily wearer. The guys on here will set you straight on what to do to make it more desireable but if your not happy with it and your throwing it out you can throw it my way any time.

10. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 22, 2015

They are not Omega approved service agents.

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2015

Thanks - yes if they don't have an account then they are relying on the secondary market for all parts, which can be tough and expensive.

Cheers, Al

12. Flingit1200s Apr 22, 2015

Is there a list of Omega approved service agents in the US and if so, how can I get a copy? I don't find anything like that on the Omega website.

13. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Apr 22, 2015

14. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 22, 2015

This does seem odd to me. 10 service centers and boutiques in the USA/Canada (4 of them in Canada which has 10% the population of the US.

And then there are 302 in Europe.

Does this mean huge untapped market in the USA?

EDIT: Something must be wrong, it is not showing all the USA boutiques, despite that being selected.

upload_2015-4-22_18-59-7.png

upload_2015-4-22_18-58-39.png

15. Flingit1200s Apr 22, 2015

Sorry George, I guess I should've mentioned that I saw the page of the site. Maybe I asked the wrong question and made a wrong assumption. I thought maybe there were Omega service agents that were also independent watchmakers.

16. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2015

Edited Apr 22, 2015
  17. M'Bob Apr 22, 2015

Hi,
    You make the point above that the case is incorrectly polished. I posted this question recently, and got the following replies:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/nuancey-ed-white-question.24204/

Unless I am missing something, which is not impossible, it appears that the case in question, while over-polished, does follow the configuration of what the others claim is correct: brushed sides, with the bevel, and top, being highly polished. I would be interested in your take on this.

Thanks,

M'Bob

18. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2015

+1

I could use a lesson on cases, lugs, bevels, facets.. any teachers out there?

19. alfanator Apr 23, 2015

Check out Nesbit in Seattle, they are Omega authorized, and does work on 321s.

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 23, 2015

I am not aware that Omega provides a list of all watchmakers that have accounts with them, so I don't think what you are looking for really exists.

There seems to be some confusion over what people refer to generally as service centers. A service center is typically owned and run by the brand, so the one in NJ is one example, as is the one in Toronto. There are/were other service centers like Nesbitt in Seattle, and hey were not owned by Omega, but were a service center and by that I mean they performed warranty work on behalf of Omega. To me this is what defines a place being a proper service center or not. These places will do warranty work, but will also follow Omega's policies to the letter with regards to parts that are replaced, and charge the same as what Omega charges for the work. BTW Nesbitt is no longer an official service center for Omega.

An independent watchmaker with a parts account is a completely different thing. I don't do warranty work on behalf of Omega, and I am under no obligation to follow their pricing or procedures. I do meet all their requirements for education, experience, equipment, and have been to Omega for training, but other than that to put it simply, I just buy parts from them.

BTW if a place agrees to service a Cal. 321 watch, then they are not a service center. I know everyone says it's STS for example that does these watches, but if I have understood all the posts about this place over the last few years, they no longer are able to service the 321 watches, as those are Cat. 4 watches, and must be returned to Bienne for service. I believe they have another related company that actually does the watches that STS can't do according to their agreement with Omega. I suspect that STS like me can't get all the parts for the 321's any longer, although they may have had stock from when they could get all of them that will get them through for a while...

I sent this link to my phone and it just shows stores in the area, so for Toronto when I press the "Show service centers" button, it gives me the store locator, and shows me 2 European Jewelry stores, and RDV - none of these places are service centers or have watchmakers on staff that I know of...there is only one service center in Toronto...

Cheers, Al