Forums Latest Members
  1. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Aug 5, 2015

So happy I got this thing it's amazing. I tried to love the the Speedmaster in sapphire, but didn't. I tried to love the Speedmaster in hesalite, but couldn't. I almost bought an Aqua Terra, but shouldn't. Finally finally finally after holding onto the wishful thinking of a new planet ocean release would be on the horizon... I gave in. I bought the planet ocean 8500 I originally wanted from the start. And boy am I happy I did. I take it to the pool, I take it out for drinks but most of the time I catch myself just sitting and staring at it.
    It's my least complimented watch I wear, and it goes with absolutely everything. Can't say enough good things. Anyone out there know they love a good diver then don't hesitate.

I will add one thing, I have big wrists and could easily pull off the 45mm. But I knew I wanted it to fit under shirt cuffs so I went with the 42mm, best decision I ever made. Don't compare it to the 45mm in the store!! Trust me, the 42mm is perfect. And although it sits a tad high, it's not as off balance as some say.
    Also note, I really really wanted the orange numerals but used my head on this one. I got the silver to help keep it a touch more versatile and not as sporty. This also worked out well... no matter what color shirt, tie, suit or tshirt I'm rocking, this watch goes with it all. Glad I thought that one out...

That's it for me, just another happy Omega camper here tonight :)

20150723_122244.jpg 20150723_200514.jpg 2015-08-05 23.35.39.png
  2. nmttd2 Aug 6, 2015

Congrats! It's a great watch!

Frunkinator likes this.
  3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 6, 2015

Having been there while you where making your mind I have to agree this was pretty much the best choice. I only had an 8500 for a very brief time and I do agree with you that although it does sit high, after 1 day on or two you just get used to it and it is not cumbersome and the black dial is magnificent. I also had a 45.5 with orange numerals and loved it, but only as a second watch, not as primary.

Frunkinator likes this.
  4. JohnSteed Aug 6, 2015

Nice! Bonded with my PO during a beach vaca too... Great choice.

5. blubarb Aug 6, 2015

Yep that's a beaut! I owned a 2500c 45mm with the Orange bezel and loved it for 8 years, but then it began to look too flashy for me and even began to look and feel " bulky", even with a 7½ inch wrist and especially after trying on the 42mm black ceramic bezel. I tried a black bezel from Offrei but that didn't save the relationship so I ended up moving it on. Strange, but after that experience with an XL size watch, for me, 42mm is my new comfort zone. I .

Frunkinator likes this.
  6. Rockmastermike Aug 6, 2015

Yep - finally got a 8500 a few days ago and like you I can't get enough of it. Yours looks fantastic and enjoy it in the best health

Frunkinator likes this.
  7. nurseford25 Aug 6, 2015

Congrats. Got mine a few years ago, have traveled the world with it, dove with it. Absolutely love it. You won't regret it.

8. lillatroll Aug 6, 2015

Just goes to show, only buy watches you love, going to get me get me one of these, I think they are perfect (unlike speedies::stirthepot::)

Frunkinator likes this.
  9. blubarb Aug 6, 2015

"Just goes to show, only buy watches you love, going to get me get me one of these, I think they are perfect (unlike speedies::stirthepot::)"

::popcorn::

10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 6, 2015

Frunkinator and Mad Dog like this.
  11. rwilner Aug 7, 2015

Re: co paring sizes, I had the same experience buying a navitimer. The new ones come I'm 43 or 46. Of course if you look at them next to each other, the 43 looks small. But the sales guy told me to put it on, then put my hand in my pocket and stand about six feet from a mirror to really get a feel for what it would look like. The 43 instantly became the choice.

I have 7 1/8" wrists.

Frunkinator likes this.