Forums Latest Members
  1. TDBK Jul 14, 2019

Perhaps only of passing interest in how people are going looney about the anniversary. This time in collaboration with Undone and nominally connected to the Apollo 10 mission where the orbiter had the callsign "Charlie Brown" and the lander "Snoopy"

Three designs, two of them limited, one "inspired by the very watches worn by the first astronauts to step on the moon".

[​IMG]

Here's Watchuseek. Looks like they will go on sale on the 17th.

[Edited to remove contest link, as it's not a drawing, it's a competition, and I'm presuming that nobody here has an interest in being a top promoter.]

Edited Jul 14, 2019
  2. krh7 Jul 14, 2019

link to more photos?

3. TDBK Jul 16, 2019

These are available now at https://www.undone.com/en/snoopymoonwatch. Two different limited edition styles commemorating Apollo 10 and 11 and also the ability to customize a watch with the dial, case, bezel, hands, strap, and character of your choice. They're showing me prices in GBP, I'm in the UK right now: £ 360 for the limited editions (300 pieces each), £ 275 for the customized versions. Seiko VK61 / VK64 mecha-quartz movements. Could be a candidate for a beater with a wink-wink relationship to the Speedmaster / Apollo / Silver Snoopy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Jul 19, 2019

i don't care what the backstory is with snoopy and omega. when brands start doing stuff like this it really puts in perspective how juvenile it looks and how it really has no place for being on the front of the watch

things like this might be big in the japanese market, and all the rolex mickey mouse dials as well. but in the usa,...ehhhhh....personally i really don't want a whimsical approach for when i'm spending over 5k for a watch....unless i have many other watches, and like to tell stories, which is kind of cool.

so is spending 300 okay to have snoopy on the dial as opposed to spending 10k...lol

davy26 likes this.
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Aug 7, 2019

6. llvhhui Aug 7, 2019

Funny thing when you put a snoopy on the dial everyone wants it, when you put a 007 logo on the dial everyone thinks it's cheesy.

av8ffej and 8100_RPM like this.