Forums Latest Members
  1. OHS May 29, 2019

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else was going for the new Yema limited edition bronze that's on kickstarter as of today?

I've been following the build up for the past couple of weeks and really like the companies interaction with its customer base and the watch in general.

After hunting around for a bronze watch for sometime this caught my eye... A limited edition, 39mm, inhouse movement, percentage of sales going to a cool cause, 3 straps in the bundle - nice package all in all!

Anyway, be interesting to hear if anyone else has gone for it too. (sorry if there's already a thread on this and obviously I'm in no way affiliated with Yema!)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...man-heritage-bronze-iconic-dive-watch-reissue

Woops, ekel and asrnj77 like this.
  2. asrnj77 May 29, 2019

Thanks for sharing. I was actually looking at bronze watches this past week and this checks all the boxes. :thumbsup:

OHS likes this.
  3. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book May 30, 2019

I signed on for the 39mm version. Been wanting to try a bronze watch and have always liked the Superman look. If it turns out that it's not for me, no big deal to take a hit on a resale because of the low price point

OHS, Foo2rama, ekel and 1 other person like this.
  4. ekel May 30, 2019

Exactly my thoughts - I've signed up for the 39 as well

AAAKK likes this.
  5. michael22 May 31, 2019

Looks nice, & only 13mm thick.

ekel likes this.
  6. ekel May 31, 2019

The case is slimmer if you consider the thickness of the crystal.

[​IMG]

michael22 and OHS like this.
  7. OHS May 31, 2019

Yep, totally agree. I almost bought a superman and was toying with buying a secondhand oris brashear bronze then saw this which seemed the perfect middle ground.

Bit of a shame they've doubled the limited edition by releasing the 41mm version too but as you say at that price it really doesn't matter.

Being able to pick your Ltd edition number is a nice touch too... They sorted me out with my (late) fathers birth date which is pretty cool.

AAAKK and ekel like this.
  8. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book May 31, 2019

Thread needed a couple of pics

Screenshot_2019-05-31-08-41-12.png Screenshot_2019-05-31-08-34-41.png

dubois, RawArcher and ekel like this.
  9. timoss May 31, 2019

Signed up for a 39 as well! I don’t really get why they need a Kickstarter campaign to make this happen, but whatevs.....

10. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 31, 2019

I signed up for the 39mm and 41mm. I will eventually give these to my boys. I think they are at a really good price point on Kickstarter. I have owned a bronze in the past and I really like how the case ages.

RawArcher, AAAKK and OHS like this.
  11. asrnj77 May 31, 2019

I think it was a way to sell the entire line quickly without going retail in store. It also brings good advertising to the brand and for people that have never heard of Yema. I don’t think they needed kickstarter but it worked perfectly for them to sell 3896 watches in 30 days. It would have taken years if these went straight to retailers and they just raised all the money to make them in the first 40 minutes.

ekel likes this.
  12. michael22 Jun 3, 2019

Anybody know much about the cal. MBP 1000?
    Google brings up a lot of speculation, no knowledge.

I'm loving the bronze & blue, but don't want to buy a dodgy movt.

chanbar likes this.
  13. rkman11 Jun 3, 2019

Damn, I likey!

14. Woops Jun 4, 2019

I have been looking around for ages now for a cool retro beach and holiday beater. Thank you @OHS for this post - I just ordered the 39mm as this watch is exactly what I have been looking for. I know you aren't on commission but you certainly should be!

OHS likes this.
  15. asrnj77 Jun 4, 2019

I think everybody wants it to sell. The first reason was to make sure they got enough interest to fully fund it. Now we want it to sell out to get the little bonus gifts (the bag and strap changing tool kit) :)

16. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jun 4, 2019

It seems to have been installed in a fair number of watches over the past 8 years and I haven't read anything that screams stay away. This guy did a tear down and analysis of the date version of this movement I believe:

https://watch-movements.eu/blog/en/2018/09/02/ambre_mpb_1000/

From what I can gather in the English translation, his opinion is that it's a solid movement but nothing spectacular. Pretty much what you'd expect at this price point.

michael22 likes this.
  17. michael22 Jun 4, 2019

Thanks for finding that.
    To sum up the points that stood out to me:
    - the movt. seems robust
    - there is no fine regulator
    - the balance wheel is probably coated brass
    - It is larger diameter than an ETA
    - Ambre didn't supply him the technical info he asked for.

18. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jun 4, 2019

Yes, I think that pretty much covers it. I believe he also indicated that accuracy was decent. I'm using this to try out a bronze watch with relatively little risk that I find visually appealing. I'm not going to sweat the details of the movement at that price point. As long as it's decent, I'm ok with it. But I certainly understand that others may place a higher priority on the movement.

michael22 and OHS like this.
  19. OHS Jun 4, 2019

Haha - no problem - glad to be of service! :)

Woops likes this.
  20. Woops Jun 15, 2019

I just got an email to say that the spring bar toolkit target has been reached. One down, one to go!

asrnj77 and OHS like this.