Forums Latest Members
  1. Elio Sep 14, 2016

Hi guys.

Recently I bought a crisp X33 gen 1. I am pretty excited about the watch and the model's space and aviation pedigree.

However in the last 2 days I have seen a line that has formed in the outer lug of the watch.

[​IMG]

Does anyone has the slightest idea of what this is?

Is this a scratch or a result of the watch coming in contact with something that created this discoloration?

Under direct sunlight the effect is minimal and slightly noticeable. Checking it with a loupe i did not see any cracks, scratches or anything deep.

Puzzled.

Need your input.

Cheers in advance

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2016

Based on the surface texture, the case's exterior may have been refinished or touched up. The line is more exposed so it shows rub wear or dirt/oil more. I would not worry about it though it is a minor aspect and only noticeable for an obsessive . It is a wearing tool watch. Wear it and enjoy it.

3. Elio Sep 14, 2016

Thanks for the reply...

That was a thought that crossed my mind as well. I just wanted to know, with the forum's help what this is.

I do agree that this is a minor aspect . After all the reason for purchasing the X33 was to use it as a beater watch. And this what I intend to do.

Any other info or opinion is more than welcomed.

Cheers

4. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Sep 14, 2016

Let's see some photos of the dial

5. Elio Sep 14, 2016

Don't have dedicated dial shots sadly. Here are some i managed to take... [emoji3]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. duc Sep 14, 2016

I'm starting to get the fidgety "I like that" feeling....

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2016

Nice, I think there is one for sale in the OF private watch sale section.:thumbsup: