Forums Latest Members
  1. Etp095 Feb 14, 2016

I just got a 1st gen x-33, and it's going to need a movement. Would it be best to mail the watch to omega directly, or drop it off at a boutique location? I'm located only 20 minutes away from a boutique in Illinois. Would the boutique charge me extra for the service, compared to sending it directly to swatch group? Anyone know of the latest charge for a movement?
    Thanks

2. SamQue Feb 16, 2016

I would give the boutique a call. If you are talking about the Oak Brook boutique, I have found them very accommodating. I assume they take care of the transportation for your watch.

3. g-boac Feb 16, 2016

Boutiques are very helpful. Typically what happens, is they forward your timepiece to the Omega Service Centre servicing your region. For IL it will likely be SGUS New Jersey, but, it may also be the Omega Service Centre in Seattle. You will received a claim check (a work order) for your watch when you leave it. They pack, and ship your watch (as part of a large shipment), insured, to the service center. Generally watches go out twice a week. In Houston, they ship on Mondays and Thursdays. When service work is complete, the watch is returned to your boutique and you receive a call to come pick it up, paying any charges if necessary. You may also request that your watch be sent to you directly - you'll need to make that request at the time of drop off, specifying your address in writing on the work order at that time.

4. Civilguy007 Feb 16, 2016

Definitely worth the drive to the Boutique. Oakbrook has been very

5. Civilguy007 Feb 16, 2016

...accommodating as SamQue mentioned. It also provides a great opportunity to browse and try on your wish list watches.

6. Etp095 Feb 17, 2016

Thanks for the replies guys. The service center is going to mail me a box, and said drop the watch off at the boutique, it won't cost any more to service it. I'm close to the oakbrook store. They are very nice there, the manager Matt is very professional.

Civilguy007 likes this.
  7. Etp095 Feb 17, 2016

Here's my new to me, speedmaster x-33, looks like it needs a new movement from what I've read. I've bought 3 speedmasters in the last two months, since joining this forum. image.png

SamQue likes this.
  8. SamQue Feb 17, 2016

The Oak Brook boutique sales personnel have always been very accommodating and knowledgeable, and go out of their way to help you out, as they probably should. The plus as Civilguy points out is that you get to try on watches and browse their watches on display. Plus, even when I haven't made a purchase, I always end up leaving with a small gift. My favorite is my orange bezel PO loupe.

Etp095 likes this.