Forums Latest Members
  1. JohnnyRocket May 30, 2019

Good Morning Everyone

Recently I was able to acquire a pair of older x-33’s. Both were in pristine shape, the Gen 2 having been recently rebuilt Dec 28th of last year. I have heard that the Gen 1 could be quirky in regards to the crown
    Failing and pushing into the case. The 2 addressed that failing with the newer style crown. I do enjoy the looks of each with their slight aesthetic differences. The 1 with the shiny bezel and black leather strap contrasts the full Titanium 2. The bezel being the prime difference. Both work very well, keep great time
    Really compliment my Newer Skywalker. Love them both but a bit afraid to use the Gen 1 as much.
    Paranoia or is the Gen 2 the safer choice for tool watch wear?
    Opinions please?

2. tyrantlizardrex May 30, 2019

Paranoia.

If it's due a service, get it serviced... otherwise, wear and don't worry. :)

SoyuzPilot and Taddyangle like this.
  3. duc May 30, 2019

Concur with "The Lizard Guy".

Taddyangle likes this.
  4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 30, 2019

A pic of all three would be cool.

I had gen 1 and sold it, did not care for the bezel. I have the gen 2 and like it much better. I don't use any of the functions, and it really fits well and is always at the correct time.

upload_2019-5-30_9-31-36.png

AdamS and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  5. AdamS May 30, 2019

I prefer the Gen 1 for the crown, bezel marker and caseback, but in reality you cant go wrong with either, its a great watch.

[​IMG]

SpeedyPhill and Taddyangle like this.
  6. stockae92 May 30, 2019

Congrats on the X-33 pair :)

I too owns both Gen 1 and 2. I actually have a Gen 1 "beater" with plenty of scratches, and I think it fits the character of the watch and it looks great with scars, haha. Even though the polished Gen 1 bezel insert has plenty of battle marks, all the markings on the bezel still intact, none of them are "scratched off".

[​IMG]

I enjoy the look of both, but Gen 2 does have features that I prefer: bi-directional bezel with lume dot and the Gen 2 crown.

Both are equally capable (on land) and I wouldn't worry about using either of them.

Taddyangle likes this.
  7. steelfish May 30, 2019

I’ve only had the gen 2 but when I purchased I much preferred the gen2 bezel. Loved that watch, it was excellent. Only reason I sold it was the bracelet pins all got very loose and one dropped out on me. I got all paranoid about it, fixed it and sold it. Yet another stupid sale on my behalf.

Do all your minute hands hit the markers? It was a while back now but I seem to remember it being a thing at the time.

Taddyangle likes this.
  8. stockae92 May 31, 2019

For me, yes, the minute hand hits the minute markers, or they are close enough

If my aging-eyes can't tell the difference, then they are all good .. #lol

9. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 1, 2019

10. ClaudyChase#2 Dec 6, 2023

Im considering brushing the bezel insert on my gen1.

11. thatone Dec 6, 2023

I have both Gen 1 and Gen 2 - both great watches. I've worn the Gen 2 more consistently as I like the brushed bezel over the polished one.