Forums Latest Members
  1. Mark Wade Jan 15, 2013

Back from Omega NJ good experience, I debated to ship the watch to them after reading not so good reports. X33.jpg

Spy likes this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2013

Great , she looks fine.

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2013

Looking good.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 15, 2013

Looks good - have you checked the back light yet? I don't service these (they are pretty much a movement swap) and I sent one in to Swatch here in Canada last year on behalf of a client. It took 4 trips to get it right, and the last issue was the back light. It seemed to have a very dark ring in the middle of the movement around the hole in the dial where the hands are. I only mention it because my client didn't find this until a couple of weeks later since he didn't use it regularly. I've seen a few others with the same issue, so you might want to check it before too long.

Cheers, Al

5. Mothra Jan 16, 2013

Al, how does that work? Presumably omega don't have a huge pile of movements - does this mean at some point all the x-33s will just go in the bin?

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 17, 2013

I suspect that they will have movement for some time to come, and then (like with any other discontinued movement) the scramble will be on for parts.

Quartz and electronic watches are certainly more difficult than mechanical in this regard though, as it's not easy to have a replacement LCD made, or circuit board - at least at this point in time. One reason I don't work on Accutrons or other tuning fork movements, as parts are scarce and expensive when you find them.

Cheers, Al

7. Spy You know my name. Feb 7, 2013

I had to have a couple of my SMP's reluctantly serviced by NJ. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they serviced it and returned it to me. The watches maintain a 2 second lead on average. NJ must have shaped up.

8. MellyVinelli Feb 21, 2013

I thought that although the x-33 is discontinued for the general public, it is still being made for the pilot program, ie. Air Force. They are sold to squadrons that order them and must have the squadron emblem lasered on the caseback. Anyhow, that means the watch is still in production and thus all parts should still be available.

9. TLIGuy Feb 21, 2013

Breitling, Bremont, and Swiss PL have taken a bite out of the custom squadron market from Omega but the program is alive and kicking as well and guaranteed future service. Guys are still doing the buys but the delivery time is almost 12 mos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]