Forums Latest Members
  1. bobbera Feb 22, 2016

I recently purchased an X-33 Skywalker and have set various alarm times (AL1, AL2, AL3).
    However, they are all for specific dates and times.
    Excuse the basic question but how do I cancel/remove the day or month or year setting(s) so that I only have a generic chime time setting?
    I can't seem to find this anywhere in the manual!
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. nickw Feb 22, 2016

Continue to cycle through each segment until it displays --

Say you want to have it go off at 14:30:00 every day. No problem- exclude the day, month and year by having those all set to --. This confused me when I first got one too.

Hope that helps I'd make a little video demo but I don't have my Skywalker with me right now. You are making me wish I had brought it along on this trip. Best alarm ever.

3. bobbera Feb 22, 2016

Hey Nick,
    Thanks for the reply.
    As I'm cycling through each segment (e.g.. the year 2016 is flashing on and off) I can't seem to get to the -- part!
    Am I missing something here?

4. nickw Feb 22, 2016

Sorry hard to describe well from memory. I looked up the PDF manual online it covers it on page 17 but it kind of hard to understand. Decrementing the year down < the current year should set it to -- if I remember correctly.

So you set T1, T2 or UTC then press the crown to move to the next field. Then use the decrement (button below the crown on the right side).

5. bobbera Feb 22, 2016

Thanks again for your time Nick. I had checked out page 17 many times but it hasn't helped.
    If I decrement (or increment) the year it takes me all the way to 1944 then thru to 2199 but no "--": Same with months (e.g....02,01,12,11,...etc) or days (...02,01,31,30...etc)!
    I'll send a query to Omega. It's probably something really basic that I'm not seeing!
    Cheers,
    Serge

6. nickw Feb 22, 2016

No problem at all sorry I'm not remembering more clearly. I will be back with mine tomorrow evening so I'll try to followup with an actual solution :)

One last thing you might try is resetting the alarm completely: -- -- --- everything and then "save" it. When you set the alarm from scratch and you cycle to the year field don't select a year just cycle past that field and leave it to --.

7. bobbera Feb 22, 2016

That last option you suggested was the first one I'd thought about but once again, where/how do I reset/wipe the alarm completely???

8. bobbera Mar 3, 2016

FYI
    Finally received a reply from Omega and it was totally unsatisfactory!

"We thank you for your email and regret to keep you waiting so long.
    We are glad to count you among our customers take this opportunity to congratulate you on the purchase of your OMEGA Speedmaster Professional Skywalker X-33 watch.
    We have taken note of your request and are glad to inform you as following:
    Please be informed that the alarm settings cannot be canceled, they can be turned off and the time can be changed.
    If you don’t want the alarm to ring, please go on the alarm settings, pull on the stem and then push the top left pusher until "off" remains.
    Even if the numbers are set to 00:00 and "on" it will ring because that setting means midnight.
    When the alarm is activated, push on the top right setting to deactivate the alarm.
    We invite you to consult the following section of our website, in order to obtain more details regarding your fine OMEGA Skywalker timepiece:
    http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/skywalker-x-33/chronograph-45-mm/31890457901001/"

What the!!
    Anyway Nick, I finally figured it out long before Omega got back to me.

9. pjcamera May 3, 2016

@bobbera. What was the solution? I can't get rid of the day on the second screen.

10. bobbera May 3, 2016

Hi pjcamera,
    The only way I could wipe everything was to do the following:
    1. Let's say you're in AL1: Get into Alarm setting mode by holding in the button at 7 o'clock.
    2. The first thing to flash is the time zone section (i.e. UTC, T1, etc.)
    3. Cycle thru until you get to 000 flashing
    4. Press the button at 7 o'clock - this will wipe everything
    5. Start from scratch again to reset an Alarm but just skip thru the day, month, year or any parameter you don't want.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Serge

pjcamera and nickw like this.
  11. pjcamera May 3, 2016

Thanks,
    The '000' for reset doesn't seem to be listed in the manual.
    P

12. bobbera May 3, 2016

No it isn't listed. It was a fluke!!

duc and pjcamera like this.
  13. savio.79 Oct 12, 2022

Hello!
    I’d like to know if it is possible to set an alarm for some days of the week; example: a 6:00 alarm from Monday to Friday, not weekends.
    Or I have to set an alarm and simply turn it off at Friday every week? (And must remember to set it on again every Sunday night)