Forums Latest Members

SOLD Wyler Dynawind from the mid-1960s with arabic numerals dial - reduced to 110 €

1. Pascal S Jan 8, 2023

As I am slowly building myself a budget to proceed with a new acquisition, I am finally putting for sale a watch I had acquired on impulse over 15 years ago. It is a mid-1960s Wyler Dynawind. I love its look, but its just a tad too small for me, as I’m a big guy. So, as I never wear it, I believe it deserves a bit of wrist love from a new owner rather than perpetually staying in my watch box.

Apart from its dial with arabic numerals for which I had fallen for, it can also boast some interesting characteristics, the first of which is its Incaflex balance wheel. A patented Wyler system, it lead the brand to some outrageous stunts to demonstrate its resistance to shocks. Watches were dropped from the Eiffel Tower, Seattle’s Space Needle, or even planes in mid-flight, and the watches were allegedly still working.

[​IMG]

This is a front loader with a monobloc case. The watch works well, but its service history is unknown, so a service might be good idea.

For this watch I would now like, after one final reduction, 110 EUR net to me, with shipping included within the EU, where the watch is located. For other destinations, the buyer will have to pay a surcharge and deal with any possible duties.

General information:
    - Case diameter: 34 mm
    - Dial: silver with distinctive arabic numerals (I’m not sure wether they are applied or embossed)
    - Crown: original and signed
    - Movement: automatic, unknown calibre (probably an ETA, but I have never opened the watch to find out)
    - Case material: stainless steel. It has obviously been lightly polished but the lugs have kept their general shape.
    - General condition: somewhere between good and very good, with a couple of marks visible on the upper right lug, probably the result of the opening of the case
    - Strap: original Wyler black leather strap, with signed pin buckle

You’ll find below a few pictures of this watch:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you to the Omega Forums for allowing me to use this space.

Edited Mar 27, 2023
  2. Olhenry56 Jan 9, 2023

I like those numerals a lot! GLWS

3. Pascal S Jan 14, 2023

It's precisely these numerals that prompted me to acquire this watch in the first place, back when my horological tastes were slightly less defined than they are now.

A few more pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zdzislaw and Duracuir1 like this.
  4. Pascal S Jan 16, 2023

Price reduced to 135 €.

5. Pascal S Jan 20, 2023

No takers?

6. Pascal S Jan 27, 2023

Bump.

7. Pascal S Jan 29, 2023

Price reduced to 125 €.

8. Pascal S Feb 2, 2023

Please find this little watch a new home!

9. Pascal S Feb 11, 2023

Back on top.

10. Pascal S Feb 23, 2023

Bump.

11. Pascal S Mar 1, 2023

Yet another reduction.

12. Pascal S Mar 5, 2023

Bump.

13. Pascal S Mar 10, 2023

Last price reduction.

14. Pascal S Mar 22, 2023

Let's finally find this watch a new home! :)

15. Pascal S Mar 27, 2023

Final price reduction. I won't go any lower, even if I strongly feel that this watch deserves another wrist than mine.