Forums Latest Members
  1. jguerrad Jan 16, 2016

This post is already in the open discussion section but decided to post also here because its where it belongs.

I got contacted by "Dennis Maller" from email: [email protected]

He is contacting people with WTB ads both in the Rolex Forum and in the Omega Forums offering whatever it is they are looking to buy, he offered my WTB item (pics and all) at a price that was 20% lower than the normal price (which was a first alert to me).

When I showed concern on the purchase he offered to do the transaction via Paypal (with the supposed "security" of Paypal). I declined but decided to go along and offered to do the trade via a well know third party (I proposed to use an intermediary to exchange money/goods), he declined my proposed intermediary and he offered in return a large national jewelry store who is a registered Rolex distributor (why a well know brand name would accept this was also a non-starter to me, but I decided to continue to see where this would lead).

After I accepted this intermediary he had someone contact me supposedly from the jewelry store, providing a real name. My response to the caller was that I would call the store and the person directly, obviously when I called the store the real person had absolutely no knowledge of Dennis Maller nor that they were being used in this attempted hoax.

I am sharing this with the forum so everyone is alert and have knowledge of the extent this person is going to take advantage of the forum and buyers.