Forums Latest Members
  1. Tennos Nov 8, 2015

I apologize to the moderators for posting a WTB here, but "insufficient privileges" makes that impossible. If you have 165.024 you would like to sell (perhaps to fund some shiny new object that has caught your eye), please let me know. Thanks all.
    -Tony

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 8, 2015

3. watchlovr Nov 8, 2015

Bad timing too, just sold my only one.

4. Tennos Nov 8, 2015

Understood on the posting rules. My apologies, but here's the dilemma; I've posted a few "help" requests on watches from dealers and eBay. The most common response I get from forum members (after they describe all the problems with the watches I'm inquiring about) is that dealers and eBay are poor sources for watches and that other forum members are really the best source for quality pieces. I have even been told by veteran forum members to "post a WTB." I don't want to break forum rules, but I do have 100% positive feedback as an eBayer, and I expect to pay the seller before any watch is shipped, and I have already bought two pieces from other forum members in smooth transactions (E-Diddy and Mozambique), and most importantly, I really want to buy a 165.024. I know the rules are there for a reason, and I respect that, but I also don't want to waste the time of other forum members by posting more inquiries about overpriced, poor condition pieces. I also don't have the depth of knowledge about Omegas to make 200 posts worth anyone's time to read. If you have any suggestions on this, I'm all ears (technically, I suppose "all eyes" would be more accurate.)

Thanks,

Tony

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 8, 2015

Hey Tony,

The mods here are pretty approachable and reasonable. You can reach out to one of them and ask for an exception to the 200 post rule. If you have a good rep, here or elsewhere, they may help you out. They have been known to do that in the past.

I'm not a mod myself, but it's generally considered bad form to just ignore the rules and post a WTB in one of the open forums.

Anyway, good luck with your hunt.

6. Tennos Nov 8, 2015

Thanks for the advice. Again, sorry for the bad form. I did send a message to a moderator, and certainly should have waited for response.

Tony

oddboy likes this.