WSRUW: What Seiko Are You Wearing Today?

The reissue is fun, right?

Got mine on today:

PXL_20240821_203551396.jpg

They really did a nice job. First time I've seen the black dial in the wild. Enjoy!!

Rain gone so I can wear my steal your seiko. Since Thursday or so I had it in a watch box closed in a draw. I noticed the solar power indicator had dipped a bit but it was keeping good time.
I am digging the solar movement. Never had one. By the time I stepped outside and put my hand on the steering wheel it was fully charged. I think it goes 6 months on a full charge probably not if you are using the chrono a lot.
Over the weekend we were at the storage place where my watch collection is. My wife conveniently forgot the key. She still thinks I shouldn’t move/dig for them even though my stitches have been removed and I’m almost “normal”. All my KS, presages, skx damn my omegas. Oh well. It kinda makes each watch I pick up now mean a bit more since I’m limited in selection.

Funny how much you miss them when you are a watch geek.

So anyway it’s not like solar watches are new, just new to me. I do like the idea and how the sun powers the movement. Must have been interesting design/engineering early on. Getting solar so compact. That’s all I got to say about that.
A231A398-EB2A-4573-8912-3EC6AC705356.jpeg

They really did a nice job. First time I've seen the black dial in the wild. Enjoy!!

I might need to snag the silver dial to round out my Kamen Rider mini-collection :D

PXL_20240822_010221026.NIGHT~2.jpg
Edited:

I might need to snag the silver dial to round out my Kamen Rider mini-collection :D

PXL_20240822_010221026.NIGHT~2.jpg

It's so reasonably priced at 450. I'd say my only complaint is it's hard to hand wind, but that was the style then.

Package from Japan just arrived :-)

Among a few other things I got an old Seiko bracelet from 1977 for this 1979 King Quartz, not a 100% perfect fit, but more than "good enough". It's a bit more "sparkly" than the stock bracelet, which works well with the patterned dial, I think. Been wearing this to work today, and it was pretty comfortable.

Seiko King Quartz 9923-501A die zweite wristshot 06.jpg

IMG_9703.jpegGreat mod. The OE bezel and strap leave a lot to be desired. Love the 12 hour ceramic and high end rubber strap.

IMG_9703.jpegGreat mod. The OE bezel and strap leave a lot to be desired. Love the 12 hour ceramic and high end rubber strap.
Cool! I need to get into Seiko modding some day. I'm on a personal mission to convince the world that a UTC bezel is usually the most useful for everyday stuff - track minutes, hours, time zones, etc.

Dang, that looks good on a nato!
I’m a bracelet person and I do love the OEM bracelet, specially the quick adjust clasp… but this is my only watch that I truly prefer it on a nato. It pairs so well with many colors and wears so comfortably on a nato.