Forums Latest Members

WRUW while riding your motorbike?

1. bieb1 Aug 19, 2018

Summer is in full swing here in Europe and I am sure many forum members are enjoying wearing great watches AND driving great motorbikes. But....do any of you agonise over which watch to wear on the bike? Can your priceless vintage Omega, Rolex or Heuer deal with the vibrations? Or do you decide to wear a Swatch on the bike instead? If you like watches and bikes, share what you wear and what you ride!

Here is my (now) vintage Omega chronograph, bought new in 1976 and on my wrist for many years of motorbike rides. It did get dinged and scratched, but good TLC and professional Omega service keeps in good state.
    C167DC5B-FBC6-4039-93EC-A9A7F521FF5A.jpeg
    My current ride is a customized Moto Guzzi V11 Cafe Sport.
    9A457392-86B8-4771-84BD-7FC9F47F85C8.jpeg

GsxrTom, ioaniro, JimInOz and 2 others like this.
  2. many Aug 20, 2018

I used to ride with my AT all the time. Primarily because it was one of my everyday watches. I also played golf while wearing it. I might have even gone to the track with it.

After reading a horror story about a Rolex getting ground down patterns dude dropped his bike I stopped wearing it when I rode. That being said that took it i for an assessment and after less than 4 years it was running out of spec. Nor,all wear and tear or excarcebated by riding I don’t know.