Forums Latest Members
  1. stefman Apr 28, 2018

Hi everyone,

Ever since my friend bought the watch from a well respected dealer in Singapore, the watch has had a wrong screw on the movement. When I got it from my friend a year ago, i wanted to get it changed. I’ve decided to wait until the movement needs a service. My question is, is this a screw that the watchmaker would have or I need to source it.

Screw in question is at the bottom of the pic

Thanks!

A8CE6151-CD14-456D-A790-0DDEC0DEEB6F.jpeg

2. Canuck Apr 28, 2018

That is certainly a cosmetically inappropriate screw, but it would seem to be holding. It shouldn’t do any harm for the time being. Any watchmaker worth his salt should probably have an assortment of screws from which to choose a suitable replacement. Why not wait until servicing time, and let the watchmaker worry about it then?

stefman and rugbybodders like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 28, 2018

The screw in question is specific to the chronograph bridge location, and is only used on the 320 and 321 movements. If you want the actual correct screw, then it would need to be a specific screw from Omega, not just one picked from some random assortment.

If your watchmaker has an Omega parts account, then the screw he needs to order is 72200002037.

Cheers, Al

Deafboy, stefman and felsby like this.
  4. stefman Apr 28, 2018

Thanks, I’ll wait till service time. It’s been like that for a long time and keeping great time

5. stefman Apr 28, 2018

Thanks Al, I’m not sure if he has an account. I’ll check before it goes into servicing, but I’ll keep your post as refencerce for the screw.