Forums Latest Members
  1. kombatwombat Mar 1, 2019

I’m looking for some advice on my collection of watches. I would ideally like to keep them to about six watches collectively with no plans to purchase another watch within the year due to expecting a son soon. At the current time I have:

Breitling Navitimer (Blue Dial)
    Longines Heritage Legend Diver
    Debaufre (sterile dial) Type A Flieger (limited edition)

And I have just acquired a cream dial blue hands Speedmaster Broad Arrow 3551.20

I am a huge bond fan and have fallen in love with the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial and also know that the Speedmaster Professional is a classic to have in the arsenal.

With the given information would trading my Broad Arrow for the Seamaster or a Speedy Pro be foolish? Would it also make sense with my current lineup? Thanks for your consideration and time!

2. Jo3Daddy Mar 1, 2019

I would say the Speedy Pro and Broad Arrow are very similar. I personally prefer the Broad Arrow over the Speedy Pro I do however have the Seamaster 300 and i do love it however i don't wear it too often.I have a Seiko SNP001P1 which i will always keep. Not super expensive but was the watch that my parents gave me when i got married. Movado 1881 black face that was the first watch my wife bought me when she could afford to get me something nice. The other watches i have i bought for myself as basically a way to reward my hard work throughout the last 10 years Omega Dark side, Seamaster 300, Breitling Super Ocean Heritage 2. At the end of the day how you feel about your watches and if it has any sentimental value really will determine what is important.

kombatwombat likes this.
  3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Mar 1, 2019

Apart from both being chronographs, what similarities do you see between the Pro and the 3551?

4. Jo3Daddy Mar 1, 2019

Fair point so let me correct myself a bit. This is just my opinion on how i see the time pieces. Same size & chrono. Watch faces are different colors **not sure if this is relevant to the OPs decision** and the broad arrow has a date window don't know if it's important but if not the dials present the same info. I prefer having sapphire over hesalite but that's probably due to the fact that i feel it has better longevity over time in wear and tear. Also prefer having the automatic over the manual wind, however that's just a preference as i don't always want to turn the crown daily. Most days i just want to be able to go to my winder and just grab and go.

5. hbombkid Mar 1, 2019

Not foolish get a speedy pro. Just make sure you the most value for that broad arrrow. Do your homework and see what they are going for and then know what the speedys go for

kombatwombat likes this.
  6. GMTspeedmaster Mar 1, 2019

you cant go wrong on any..

kombatwombat likes this.
  7. kombatwombat Mar 3, 2019

Thanks for all the advice I decided to keep the Broad Arrow. Any chance anyone knows what bracelet will fit on it or has one for sale? I’m middle allergic to the leather straps and need to get SS if possible. Already ordered an omega NATO from my AD.

C041C7B0-4E1C-49D9-B458-9B6DFB1C7154.jpeg 99246E68-F3B0-48FD-91DC-2CF2D9FB08E5.jpeg
    nttisch23 likes this.