Forums Latest Members
  1. Artifice Dec 20, 2016

Hello,

I saw this watch for sale on a local forum from where I am and would like to ask for your thoughts on this watch:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From what I found out with my untrained eye:

- It looks to be from the 1970's
    - Cal 1020 movement if im not mistaken
    - Gold Plated
    - I'm not sure if the bracelet and crown is original

Does the crystal on this model need to have an omega logo? From what I can find online the others dont have the omega logo on the crystal either.

The person selling it is letting it go for around $350 but maybe I can still haggle with that price. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SeanO Dec 20, 2016

you're going to have to accept:

1. It will always be on the bracelet.
    2. You're going to have to service it
    3. It's plated so you'll never really know how much GP you have left before you get wear thru.
    4. Nobody will be looking for the logo on the crystal when they're handling it.
    5. get some more polyester.

Once it's serviced you'll have more invested in it that you'll ever make back if you sell it.

ConElPueblo and Artifice like this.
  3. ulackfocus Dec 20, 2016

It's not in bad shape, but it isn't exactly mint condition either. Hold on to the $350 and look for a slightly older Seamaster or a Cosmic with an earlier caliber from the 75x series if you want a day / date. It might cost you more (maybe even double) but it will be worth it.

Artifice likes this.
  4. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 21, 2016

It's úgly, gold plated, has an integrated bracelet and a movement where they replaced the swan neck regulator with a paper clip...

I'm not gonna go all out with my post, so you might have to read between the lines...

Artifice and efauser like this.
  5. Badwolf Dec 21, 2016

Buy it if you like it, not as an investment. Most people here have bought watches that they regret purchasing for one reason or another, they speak from experience.

Artifice likes this.
  6. Faz Dec 21, 2016

I say YES!!!

article-2359745-1AC12E42000005DC-308_634x1246.jpg

Artifice and ulackfocus like this.
  7. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 21, 2016

Buy what you love, but the gold filled aspect of this piece in combination with the perma-bracelet isn't going to add up very well for an everyday watch. I'd save more and find a perfectly mint example, or research other models until you find something of true mechanical value/rarity. Again....buy what you love and the rest will fall into place. Be sure to use the "Search" function on the forum to get more information on specific models before you dive into your next purchase!

Happy Hunting,

Thomas

Artifice likes this.
  8. Artifice Dec 21, 2016

Alright. Thank you guys! Staying away from this piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk