Forums Latest Members
  1. scotty Mar 28, 2013

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 28, 2013

Watch has too much wear for me - both case and dial.

3. ulackfocus Mar 28, 2013

Gotta say I'd pass on it too.

4. scotty Mar 28, 2013

I can understand why looking at it. If you took the movement and crystal off the watch, couldn't you clean the case up without damaging it? There are no pictures of the movement so it's hard to tell how it looks inside. The price is definitely high for the condition as it is.

I'm not sure why the arrowheads are so clean though versus the hands and star. I might be wrong but the dial just looks dirty. It's the medallion in the back of the case that looks damaged.

5. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Mar 28, 2013

Looks like tarnish, and if it is it can be cleaned up with a light polish. I would still pass because the dial is too worn and the case (especially medallion) has been polished down.

6. scotty Mar 28, 2013

Ya I know! What can I say, I've been bitten. I have something special coming next week and will share with pics. Maybe not so special for the rest of you, but it is for me.

7. chiko7734 Mar 28, 2013

I feel like I saw this watch up for sale a long time ago. Is this a relist?

8. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Mar 28, 2013

I think you might have asked me about this one a couple of months back. :p Price is a little high for this condition so that's why it might not have moved.

9. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Mar 29, 2013

I see this happening a lot... one guy buys it for 600 and tries to sell it for 800 other one buys it for 800 and tries to sell it for 1000 ::screwloose::

10. Dablitzer Mar 29, 2013

This is the same watch. It's been on the bay forever. There's a reason for that.

11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 29, 2013

I think that a Globemaster like this can be restored if done by an expert. A skillful restorer might be able to clean that dial. The only thing I see that can't be fixed is the medallion on the back. Unfortunately, someone went a little crazy with the polishing compound once upon a time.

The main problem here is that the seller is asking approximately twice (maybe three times) retail for this watch, which leaves no financial wiggle room to do any restoration work. Also, not having any idea of the condition of the movement is a real turn-off.

I'm of the firm belief that my example with the identical dial looked like that at one point and was restored by a master.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The OP's example has been for sale for at least six months and will stay there for a good long while until the seller returns to reality,
    gatorcpa