Forums Latest Members
  1. anemo Nov 7, 2014

Hi All

I'm new here and fear I may be starting a watch obsession. I've started with a brand new Speedy Pro which I love.

As I think about what I would like next I am focusing on a dress watch, specifically a vintage Seamaster DeVille.

I have found this for sale on Chrono24.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/18...lSubpath=/omega/seamaster-deville--mod276.htm

I've done a search here for "Seamaster DeVille" and seen a lot of brilliant feedback. From this I believe this watch looks genuine. I think the price is high - this being the UK I guess that is no surprise.

I would be grateful for any opinions from the experts here.

2. Togri Nov 7, 2014

I am by no means an expert, since I am still quite new in watch collecting. But I would venture that you will be able to get just as nice a specimen for about half that price or less! My local vintage watch dealer sells solid 18k DeVilles in very good shape for about $1600-$1700 and he has to make a profit as well.

One can not be warned enough about Chrono24 - the majority of watches are way way overpriced.

Look in the sales section on this forum.

TNTwatch likes this.
  3. anemo Nov 7, 2014

Thanks for the comment. I take the point about Chrono24 and am quite certain that there are better deals to be found. It does provide a new boy with a way to compare a lot of watches though.

I am in the UK which is probably one of the higher price places to go shopping. Overseas shopping always seems to have a perceived risk and I need to check out customs duties etc. Does your local dealer have a website and would you feel comfortable pointing me at it?

Bob.

4. Togri Nov 7, 2014

He does but unfortunately it is not updated very often. And it is only in Danish. Yes, UK is quite expensive, about the same as Denmark I would think. But yes Chrono24 is useful to see what is out there. You can also post in the "want to buy" section here. Perhaps also check watchrecon.com Good luck with the hunt. I would probably wait for a good one coming up on this forum :)

5. M.D. Nov 7, 2014

6. anemo Nov 8, 2014

Thanks for the replies. I think you are both saying I should be a little more patient and that's good advice.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 8, 2014

Yea there's a lot you could get better than that for your $3k.

8. Hijak Nov 8, 2014

That is a ridiculous price for a SMDV, even an 18K version!:eek: