Forums Latest Members
  1. Matt12 Jan 1, 2013

Hello all, I am a brand new Omega enthusiast. I just came across the one below, it seems genuine not fake but seems not working well... I wanted to ask for help in understanding if it is even worth considering and spend $ in getting it fixed? Thanks all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Jan 1, 2013

Who did that refinish job on the dial? ::confused2:: Ick.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 1, 2013

Hands mismatched and if the movement is as badly botched as that redial job, it's going to cost a small fortune to restore properly.

Run away,
    gatorcpa

4. smithrjd Jan 1, 2013

The watch has had the dial redone, and very badly at that. This ruins any collector value. If it is a watch you really like and don't care about value and the price is cheap then yours to decide.

5. Matt12 Jan 1, 2013

fair enough. will skip.
    I want to keep my first one to a small amount then hopefully grow. I also found out that I am into Seamasters if anyone has any suggestions for sale. I will keep looking... Thanks.

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 1, 2013

What sort of Seamaster? modern ones? older ones? preference for size? colour? gold? SS?

7. Matt12 Jan 2, 2013

I don't really know exactly what I should look for but definitely a Vintage, preferably black dial. would prefer it large. I also I don't like the yellow gold style. What year, caliber, style I should ideally look for? Something like Seamaster 30? Thx.