Forums Latest Members
  1. TeddyLimJY Oct 27, 2017

Hey,

I would like to hear your suggestions as you guys are way more of an expert in this area. Do you think this is a good buy? I am looking forward to getting a vintage omega for myself. Speaking of which, this looks stunning but the price doesn't look too right isn't it? I mean i see omega watches priced at upwards of 200 for de ville albeit scratchy conditions.
    This question might sound awfully stupid but I am still learning, the dial and hands are most likely refinished, right?

Any comments are appreciated, thanks for all the previous insights everyone has given me!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTA...842881&hash=item3af4ef274d:g:hZEAAOSwNWxZ6bVLPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Vitezi Oct 27, 2017

Your example probably dates to the late 1970s and the Quartz crisis, which wasn't a great time for Omega. Unfortunately watches from that time period have little appeal to most collectors on this forum. I doubt the hands or dial have been replaced or refinished (if that's a concern to you), as the watch is relatively young. But that case has probably been heavily polished to a mirror shine.

If you like it and would wear it, then go for it. But these watches are plentiful and easy to find. I might suggest taking some time to read the threads in this forum, and educating youself on what to look for before committing money.

For posterity:
    upload_2017-10-27_19-15-14.png

TeddyLimJY likes this.
  3. Davidt Oct 27, 2017

You realise it's an auction, not a fixed price listing?

4. DON Oct 27, 2017

It's a small watch - 32 x 32 mm. Manual wind movement.

Condition looks OK. Check Ebays completed auctions, but similar sell for around $200

One point. Seller is in S. Korea, so s/h is $50.00 if your in the US, so might be better off looking for ones closer to home

Search Ebay for OMEGA 625 De Ville and it will bring up a number of various models and you can compare pricing

Also check completed auctions. Highest priced first

DON

McKinley and TeddyLimJY like this.