Forums Latest Members
  1. Stretch Sep 18, 2012

What do you all think of this one. Not sure if I'll bid or not as I think my wife may kill me if she finds out about my recent purchases. I am interested to know however, when I look up the referance on the database the picture that comes up shows a watch with somewhat different features. The Omega Automatic and Seamaster are in different order. The sub seconds has its own almost secondary dial and it does not have numbers for the 12,3 and 9 as the one on eBay does. I'm guessing that there were always slightly different variations of each model but what is a way of knowing whether these variations were part of the original?
    Thanks for any input and advice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-SEAMA...097825491?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3ccaa4a4d3Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 18, 2012

I'd seen this too. I quite like the dial - does look original to me. I think the case matches the calibre matched - and presumably the sub-second is an integral part of the calibre so couldn't be added later?

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 18, 2012

Yes, there were many dial designs for any given case reference. This one looks correct and original.

The caliber 344 is a sub-second movement.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 18, 2012

The one in the database is the earlier of the two movements listed. The ones with the later cal. 344 usually have a dial like more the eBay watch. Both had the same case and reference number. This is very common for the early post WWII Omegas.

Hope you got it,
    gatorcpa