Forums Latest Members
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 17, 2016

Ok, so a friend of mine is looking for a new watch and asked me about MVMT... why oh why did I look....

I give you what may be the worst watch ever, which they claim is a best seller...

mvmt.JPG
    It took me 5 minutes to even decode the subdials... Not that they are even useable as a chrono...

Left and Middle - 1 is 60second chrono the other is 30 minute on the chrono... So how exactly can you even use them?
    Right - fixed 24 hour hand, non-gmt WTF 24 hour on a chrono sub dial????
    Don;t get me started on the date window location... why not just make it a black glossy at this point...

This may be the single most unusable watch ever... Can you beat this?

needless to say my friend has an SKX007 on the way now.

OMGRLX likes this.
  2. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 17, 2016

I hate that. If you have to really work to figure out the time, then what's the point? Purely as a fashion statement?

3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 17, 2016

It's pretty wretched. Looks spray painted with a can of flat black Krylon.
    http://www.mvmtwatches.com/
    Even their watches with the color-dy hands are difficult to read.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 17, 2016

Yup, they make Daytonas look legible. Small side note some of their women's quartz watches are nice fashion quartz for younger girls.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 18, 2016

Warning to all don't click the link it will be stuck as a add on ever site you visit for months....

One of those adds that sticks like glue...

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 13, 2016

OK I got a new one folks! This one is kinda attractive, but I dare you to figure it all out in under 3 minutes. Scroll down for the decoding.
    $_1.JPG image.png

We have a chrono minute hand and second hand on the main dial here. Small seconds is left sub dial, bottom sub is 12 hour chrono...

Outter bezel/chapter ring is a combo regatta timer and tachy. Then we have the WTF moveable inner ring with day of the week, with a day printed on the dial so you can see day of the week in the month you are in? Then a date complication. I highly argue against the usefulness of a day/date that you have to set every month that only works for the month you are in versus what it does to the dial. The Regatta/tachy with chrono minutes and seconds on main dial is really cool though.

Edited Apr 13, 2016
  7. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 13, 2016

cheap and ugly ... Omega has built one just like that ...(you lose "cheap")